Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think I ever posted here, but I'm quite familiar with the forums since I visit it pretty much every day. I'm also on Focus Fanatics, but I love Focaljet for the ton of information that I can find here. So my car is a pitch black ZX3. I'm the owner since a year and I did a couple of mods, mostly appearance right now. Next plans are SVT headlights, euro tails with black housing, and after I will take care of the performance (SVT header, full exhaust to begin with).

All comments welcome!

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
That engine bay sure is red! Not too shabby, Looks like a nice daily whip.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the red looks a little too bright for my taste on that pic lol, it was taken with a flash which makes the color really stand out.

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Car looks agressive. Have you lowered it any?

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
very nice car, also got a 2000 black ZX3

not a fan of the painted red drum, just not a feature i would like to show off...but its ur thing

nice car overall, very clean looking, and i love those rims on ur car

u say ur going to get SVTheadlights...dont u already have em>?

-chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
very nice car, also got a 2000 black ZX3

not a fan of the painted red drum, just not a feature i would like to show off...but its ur thing

nice car overall, very clean looking, and i love those rims on ur car

u say ur going to get SVTheadlights...dont u already have em>?

-chris
I have stock headlights with vinyl applied on them, but this is temporary, I don't want winyl on my car and it doesn't last forever
For the drums, they were rusted, so I painted them with my red caliper paint. They could be black, but they don't bother me... Thanks for the suggestions!

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
aright sounds good

listen, don't bother with buying a new set of headlights if u just want the look. If u want better preformance with the look, go for ST170's (twin-beam euro headlights with the SVT treatment)..like mine:

if not, just paint the insides of the headlights like the SVT ones. There are many writeups on here and on other sites...here is one
SVT Headlight painting

-chris

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would love to get st170's, but they're freaking expensive. I don't have that much money to spend for headlights. I'll get used SVT lights, a lot more affordable and saves me the hassle to paint the stock housing.

·
Registered
372 Posts
i got some dark grey headlights that i'm looking to get rid of soon. i'm switching my set out for some ST170s i picked up last week. about your car, though, your engine bay is as red as mine. looks nice. gotta agree with the drums....i can't see the point of painting those things. but as they say, to each their own. good work man

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
i got some dark grey headlights that i'm looking to get rid of soon. i'm switching my set out for some ST170s i picked up last week. about your car, though, your engine bay is as red as mine. looks nice. gotta agree with the drums....i can't see the point of painting those things. but as they say, to each their own. good work man
na they look good painted black and even silver for some cars...almost did mine black today

·
Registered
4,271 Posts
The car looks nice and clean, outside looks good. Only thing for me is TOO much red under the hood, it doesn't flow well.

Other than that looks great

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The car looks nice and clean, outside looks good. Only thing for me is TOO much red under the hood, it doesn't flow well.

Other than that looks great
The intake could have stayed black, I agree that the right side is a little busy. Or maybe the battery cover?? Any suggestions? Your SVT looks badass BTW if I check your sig, I need to see that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts