Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my borla on and heard it today, sounds pretty good, but not as loud as I thought it would be. Will this change as the exhaust breaks in. Also my engine sounds real whiney, will an intake deepen the exhaust sound and loose the whiney sound of the engine. Also, my exhaust is blowin alot of smoke, its like 60 degrees up here but also the smoke is blue, indicating burning oil, and black, indicating me running rich I believe. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a borla to. Over time the exhaust will loose its loudness. It will still be deep but not as deep when you 1st have it installed. Next installing a cold air intake will increase the loudness of the filter. Your car will sound louder with the intake. Don't know about the blue smoke coming out your exhaust you are referring to. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The smoke is normal for the first few hours.

·
Registered
647 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 01-yellow-ZX3:
Mine got quite a bit louder after time...<hr></blockquote>mine to but that was after the race header and flex pipe

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Hmmm, 01-yellow-ZX3, it's kinda odd that your exhaust got louder over time without the addition of any other goodies. Older glass packed mufflers got louder with time cause the glass would burn and settle. But most mufflers today use a baffle design and actually quiet down a bit as carbon deposits build up on the interior of the system.

·
Registered
110 Posts
zx313- did you reset the Computer?

·
Registered
75 Posts
...I reset my computer after my Borla install and never had any probs. The sound of this catback always gets positive looks and feedback from people. To me it sounds more like a 1964 Austin Healy...I absolutely love my Borla.

·
Registered
294 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dan-d:
But most mufflers today use a baffle design and actually quiet down a bit as carbon deposits build up on the interior of the system.<hr></blockquote>

Yeah but a lot of performance exhausts have glasspacks still. I know some people that have gotten louder exhuasts over time. Getting rid of that tinny sound is pretty tough to do with that exhaust. Having only one resonator hides nothing, the bosal and mbrp are a little deeper notes. Maybe they would suit your taste better?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Mine has become quite a bit quieter since I installed it. Especially at idle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts