Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They have been squeeking since i bought the car brand new back in 2001. I already had everything replaced at just 11,000 miles which was [censored]. They replaced everything, and still squeeks. When I let off the brake I hear a little squeek also. I went to my Ford dealer and they said its and on going problem that Ford hasn't been able to fix yet. Thats stupid. Anyway any suggestions.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FC Brake Kit? How much?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey, i've got a 2001 zx3 and had the same problem. I also had my whole brakes changed to early. Now i'm at 36,000 miles and i need new brakes again.I'm getting them on Friday.
Theres got to be a problem.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, i've got a 2001 zx3 and had the same problem. I also had my whole brakes changed to early. Now i'm at 36,000 miles and i need new brakes again.I'm getting them on Friday.
Theres got to be a problem.
Yeah, next time I go in for brake service, im going to say Fix the Problem or no pay.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got a 2000 ZTS and just recently (about 42,000 miles) I get squeeking when I let up on the brakes. Seems to be coming from the front passenger side. It's an annoyance more than anything else, but could this be a sign of something more serious?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not a chance. My brakes squeek on Warm and Cold days. When i let off the brake a little squeek is heard. I've been driving this way for 2 years now. And its pissing me off.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
lettin off squeak is caused by lack of grease on the backin plates of the brake shoes (rear drum brakes only)

-Ult

1 - 10 of 10 Posts