Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my upper O2 and my fuel rail pressure sensor and the car is running again. Pulls decent (for my car anyway) and doesn't buck anymore like it was. And no CEL, but it still idles like crap. I hope it is fixed.

Jason

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well I just went out for an evening drive. It's still not fixed. The car had sat all day and it sputtered like crazy then surged. It drives fine as long as I give it gas. If I am going constand 30, 40, or 60 is bucks and surges. there is no CEL anymore. What else can I do? I want to avoid taking this to a shop as much as possible cause I can't afford it.

Jason

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Fuel filter or pump.

How many miles are on the car?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

fuel filter and pump were replaced last summer.

Jason

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Well, dammit, that's prolly not it then.

Nevermind, I just saw the part about when you give it gas, it's fine. Sorry.

Part throttle bucking and surging. Hmmm...

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I went to autozone and got new plugs and wires. asked them to scan my car and there was nothing cause there was no CEL. So as I drive away, my CEL comes on.
So I turn around and go back and it is throwing P1132.
We checked their computer and it said O2 senses rich. So, since I just replaced the 1st O2, could it be the 2nd O2 throwing the code? and if so, I have a O2 cheater. Would hooking that up help out at all?

Jason

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I give up

My car is down at the dealer now. I can't afford this, but I can't drive it anymore like it is and I can't keep shooting in the dark on it. They can mess with the big yellow debacle that is my car. Good luck ford.

Jason

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Re: I give up

P1132 - Lack of HO2S-11 Switch, Sensor Indicates Rich A HEGO sensor indicating rich at the end of a test is trying to correct for an over-lean condition. The test fails when the fuel control system no longer detects switching for a calibrated amount of time. See Possible Causes for DTC P1130
OK...

P1130 - Lack of HO2S-11 Switch, Fuel Trim at Limit The HEGO Sensor is monitored for switching. The test fails when the HO2S fails to switch due to circuit or fuel at or exceeding a calibrated limit. Electrical:
Short to VPWR in harness or HO2S
Water in harness connector
Open/Shorted HO2S circuit
Corrosion or poor mating terminals and wiring
Damaged HO2S
Damaged PCM
Fuel System:
Excessive fuel pressure
Leaking/contaminated fuel injectors
Leaking fuel pressure regulator
Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel
Vapor recovery system
Induction System:
Air leaks after the MAF
Vacuum Leaks
PCV system
Improperly seated engine oil dipstick
EGR System:
Leaking gasket
Stuck EGR valve
Leaking diaphragm or EVR
Base Engine:
Oil overfill
Cam timing
Cylinder compression
Exhaust leaks before or near the HO2S(s)
A fuel control HO2S PID switching across 0.45 volt from 0.2 to 0.9 volt indicates a normal switching HO2S.
Maybe the O2 sensor you just bought was hosed before you even installed it. It says excessive fuel pressure as well - maybe the fuel pressure sensor is b0rken or improperly installed? There's quite a laundry list of things there; I hope they figure it out before they get three-quarters of the way through the list.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

yeah I found that list and decided they can mess with it. I don't know. My ECU is probably fried since that is the worst thing on that list. that has to be what it is.

Jason

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dealer just called. Says upper O2 is fried. which is the one I just changed. $238 so far. more updates and prices to come.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

well supposedly it's fixed. They changed the O2 sensor. I replaced the O2 sensor on sunday with an O2 I got from on here. they say that O2 was dead. So hopefully my car will run now.

Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts