Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sputters and backfires from under the hood I think. It is scannning that the fuel rail pressure sensor is bad and also an Air metering system code that autozone doesn't know what it means. It has been running terrible for about 2 weeks, but now it won't even go at all. I floor it and it stays around 1000 rpm and just studders. What can I do to fix it?

2001 Zetec

thanks
Jason

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
post the codes.

sounds like fuel pump unless the FRPS is stuck in such a way that its reading high vac all the time.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I disconnected my O2 and the car runs. Idles a little weird but it runs. Weird.

Jason

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
now it isnt monitering the a/f. if you lean out, the ecu wont know about it, thats always good for the rings. a better idea would be to REPLACE the O2. hell, switch it with the downstream O2.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an O2 coming. I ordered one quite a while ago and it never came. So I have another one coming this week sometime.

Jason

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
now it isnt monitering the a/f. if you lean out, the ecu wont know about it, thats always good for the rings. a better idea would be to REPLACE the O2. hell, switch it with the downstream O2.
The cables aren't long enough and the plugs are different (there's a plastic key). At least on my 00 ZX3 that was the case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts