Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the pictures of my totaled 01 spi.

My Car

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am so mad. I might go with an Integra GSR for the replacement, or a zx3 haven't decided, don't know what I can afford.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Sorry to hear that man.
It was really a sharp look car!!

At least your still with us, you can always replace a car!

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Damn d000d!!

Im glad you are OK!!!

Looks like you were hit from behind and pushed up under something tall...truckish!!

That suxors mang!!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I am so mad. I might go with an Integra GSR for the replacement, or a zx3 haven't decided, don't know what I can afford.
Yeah, think of it as a good chance to upgrade
GSR's are pretty damn fun. I'd say go with that!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it was a ford lightning 93 or 95 in front of me, and an 85 chevy cavalier that hit me behind. Yeah man I never got to take pictures of the car till i totalled it that sucks. You can kind of see the remains of the ST170's. My arm i have second degree burns from the airbag deploying, it stings like hell when i clean it.

Yeah I know how a GSR feels some of you may remember when I had that one stolen(carjacked) from me last summer.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am a proud owner of a New Blue 2003 DOHC Civic SI.
I bought it tonight. I love it. I also love the focus. But I just need more power, and the SI I was able to afford, I wouldn't be able to afford a rsx type-s. I would have liked that but I can't do it. I went new because I didn't want to have a used car and all I would be doing would be buying someone elses problems.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
My arm i have second degree burns from the airbag deploying, it stings like hell when i clean it
Holy crap! Thats exactly how my arm looked like when the airbags in my Focus deployed.....hurt like hell...and im nicely scarred too...

G

·
Sometimes I wish that my car has been totaled (minus the airbag burns on me...) so I can buy a nice ranger edge, with optionnal limited-slip rear axle and sliding rear window

·
Registered
75 Posts
I wonder if the airbag burns are just a freak occurrance. All that happened to me in my 02 was my arm had no hair left, but not even a first degree burn. My dad totalled my 01, and he only got the same burns, so I dont think it is a matter of model year. Hmm... Sorry to hear it man. I know how it goes, as I have lost two, and have yet to decide on a replacement.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I had a standard so when the airbag went off it came up under my arm and not down the sides like yours did. So when it came under my arm gave it more resistance, and it made more friction and burned me. That is what I am guess I am not a forensics(spelling????) expert.

·
Registered
394 Posts
My arm i have second degree burns from the airbag deploying, it stings like hell when i clean it
Holy crap! Thats exactly how my arm looked like when the airbags in my Focus deployed.....hurt like hell...and im nicely scarred too...
Airbags are supposed to make driving safer, but sometimes i think you need additional safety equipent (driving suit, gloves and helmet with full face shield) in case the airbags deploy...

I really wish manufacturers would make fixed harnesses an option in place of the inertial safety belts...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It has been 6 months now and I just got my car back in my friends garage,and I am in the proccess of taking off all my parts. This is what is salvageable:
BDR throttle body
BDR underdrive pulley
AEM cold air intake, 90% good
MBRP cat-back exhaust
koni front adjustable struts
eibac sportline kit
Blue BDR adjustable cam-gear(never installed)

the only thing that had maybe a year or so use was the springs, everything is pretty much new.

the throttle body and intake have small damage, the intake got crushed slightly in the area behind the batery box, and the TB got sprayed with a little batery acid from the accident.

I am looking to get rid of all this. PM me if interested.

If you get the intake I will throw in a brand new never installed aem bypass valve.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts