Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
522? Dang man. Must be nice. Im assuming your ET was the one in the right lane. LOL Car looks good, i like the radio. L8er Jon

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
looks nice

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I relocated the mounting points by the doors, and added braces in front of the wheels. This pulls my fenders out about an inch, giving me the clearance I need for the 225/18/35s on Racing Hart Evolution C3s, which only have 45mm offset. I can drop the front Koni coilovers another 3/4 inch from the height in the photos, and still have no rubbing.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
very very very nice! i love all the work you did! everything fits perfect
i love the profile of our cars for some reason and this one looks exceptionally good

·
Registered
258 Posts
That seems like an awful lot of torque for a 4 cylinder. And a 15.00 1/4 mile time. Come on!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
awesome man! I like all the unigue things you have done to your car and the power isn't bad either!
I've been planning on doing the same thing you did with your stereo except putting it in the headliner, looks great!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I like the picture of your engine compartment. The turbo setup looks nice. I can see you have a return fuel system with a billet fuel line, a blow through maf, a fuel pressure regulator, and a boost retard ignition box.

What are you using to adjust for the fuel and timing. I would assume your using low impedence injectors. I would guess 72lb or something. Do you have a standalone engine management system?

The dyno graph looks nice, but It looks like the car might not be tune all that good or the turbo might be way too big. That turbo are you using?

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
That seems like an awful lot of torque for a 4 cylinder. And a 15.00 1/4 mile time. Come on!
Think that was the suck he beat. His ET is in the other lane. L8er Jon

·
Registered
258 Posts
if you hold your mouse over the picture, a caption pops up and explains the timeslip.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
First of all, I did not intend to post the et slip or dyno sheet. You can thank the guy who posted the link to my page for that. The dyno sheet is an old one, with a turbo that was too big for the engine. As you noted, it made great top end power, but was pretty undriveable on the street - no low end power. I have since switched to a HKS GT3037 ball bearing unit with a .61 A/R. I'm using 72 lb/hr high impedance injectors, which are no longer available. The engine only makes 451 hp, 362 ft/lbs torque at the wheels now, but makes that power much sooner in the rpm band. It starts making boost at 2300 rpm. The MAF is no longer used, I'm just waiting for a polished replacement pipe. Engine management is handled by a Pectel T2.
As for the time slip, it's there only to show the potential of the car. The only decent number on the slip is the speed through the lights. None of the cars in the C/D shootout were that fast through the lights. That run was done in 91 degree heat, 92% humidity, with me, (180lbs), a buddy, (215lbs), 40lbs of testing equipment and a full interior. We were setting up the Pectel. I left the line when my buddy with the laptop said go, hence the poor reaction time. I left at too low an rpm, and the car bogged badly, resulting in a poor 60ft time. (I've done 2.0s when the car was stock.) When the car really gets on boost, at around 4800rpm, it just smokes the tires. This happened in 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears, with the engine bouncing off of the rev limiter each time. I had to lift off, and ended up shifting too soon at each gearchange. Parada Spec 2s are not made for the strip. Even with all this, I still tripped the lights at 105mph.
Slicks are only available in 15 inch, which won't fit over my brakes, so I've put some Hoosier Autocross tires on my stock SVT wheels. As soon as I get a Friday night with no rain, I'll head back to Capitol and try again.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts