·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh yeah...its a screamer, not loud and obnoxious though. I love the sound the intake manifold makes when i stomp the pedal to the firewall!!!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
i still dont know what a different intake manifold sounds like? why would it sound different? ive never understood this? of do you mean with the Intake manifold+_tune you can rev the motor higher so that sounds different?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
That hat on the engine makes like 10whp right?

Looks good. I'm sure you like the extra pick-up too.

·
Registered
597 Posts
looks good. Is that a throttle body I see installed also?

I thought that it only came w/the stage 2 kits... was it included in the stage 1?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes the hat is like 20 hp actually haha

I already had the Focus Central 65mm Throttle Body so its just a plus added to the Stage 1.

I would like to get a sound clip of what the car sounds like reving and under hard acceleration.

·
Registered
597 Posts
cool.

does the cruise control still work on the car w/ the focus central throttle body? I know the Cossie ones need to be machined/modified in order for cruise to still work.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
i still dont know what a different intake manifold sounds like? why would it sound different? ive never understood this? of do you mean with the Intake manifold+_tune you can rev the motor higher so that sounds different?
No, it's all the air the thing sucks in now. Especially when it's cold, sounds like a vaccuum cleaner. It's even more noticeable with Stg2.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the FC TB works with Cosworth Stage 1, the TB doesnt need to be machined down, rather the IAC does. There is a small round headed bolt that is in the way of the Cruise Control Cable.
When you buy the kit you send Ken the Throttle Control Bracket and the IAC, they alter the bracket and machine and bore out and counter sink the hole on the right side of the IAC so the cable doesnt get in the way of the bolt head.
I love the Intake Manifold...I like to think of it as a small more expensive vacuum cleaner (dyson like almost haha).

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
pants too tight...c a n ' t t y p e......BOING!!!!! RIP....AHHHHH...much better now.

COSWORTH=AXIS OF POWER. Lucky sob.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
No, it's all the air the thing sucks in now. Especially when it's cold, sounds like a vaccuum cleaner. It's even more noticeable with Stg2.

i better hear this at jetfest from someone !

·
Registered
899 Posts
what kind of power do you get from stg 1?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts