Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellas. So, the D23 engine and tranny are in a Zetec car. Wiring continues to befuddle us.

I am to the point of ripping all of the limited amount of progress we have made out, and buying a complete wiring harness (new or used) to wire up... I'm seriously bumming on this.

So far I've spent about $175 in labor for my technician to do what he has done. He's an awesome electrical tech, but it's getting out of hand. Right now, we've got the ECU powered up, but pins to working components is becoming a huge issue.

I'm almost to the point of just taking home a shop manual and the car, and trying this wiring out myself

I'm going to have to fabricate fuel lines, Coolant hoses and heater hoses.

I really would like to have someone just button the whole thing up for me, but it seems to be my destiny to do this myself... yay.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Email this guy.

[email protected] <[email protected]>

This is Autodan0_4 from ebay.

Tell him what you are looking for. He's currently parting out 2 focus with 2.3's.

He might have the harnesses, lines, and hoses you need.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sent FocusSalvage a PM, I'm waiting for him to return my PM before getting a hold of them. I bought my tranny from Autodan0_4 back a while ago, and a clutch/flywheel and a starter and an alternater and and

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Why not just find a used 03 or 04 zx3/5 with a D23E in it?

Because he already has Ketchup to put it in.

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
i HAD all my wiring but i already sold it .. why didnt you get a complete harness in the first place? i dont understand why people even attempt to COMPLETELY wire cars.. especially ones with so much crap when you can go to a junkyard, or buy the complete wiring harness from someone else

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Why not non-op it, get an ITB setup and stand-alone, and build the snot out of the motor?

mmmmmmmmmmmmm
LInk

It would probably fit the 2.3 as well. The have no 2.3's in europe. So it's listed for a 2.0.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Well ITB's aren't everything, Molher pulled them off his car when Darrell Cox was buidling the engine and he hasn't ran faster since.

With the low hood line and limited space just like Neons under the hood, ITB's aren't that worth-while unless you can get the tuning lengths you need to make good power, torque and still have excellent throttle response.

Benny -

Just buy a complete harness its much easier to deal with...

Also no reason to go Stand Alone when you have the amount of control available in the "Black Oak" PCM.

I had a chance to see the DiabloSport PCM/Deltachip software at work. My friend just opened up a dyno tuning shop here in the valley and the things you can do with this unit and still leave the self-learning intact is one of MANY reasons why I would never go stand alone on a Ford car unless you REALLY had too.

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
you can have plenty of room dor itbs.. the core support is plastic.. all it does it hold the top of the radiator and ac condensor and run some wires... cut it..

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Think I'd need a pcm to go along with the harness? I was planning on running the zetec pcm with the SCT Xcal-2 and it's ProRacer Pkg.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts