Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago, I noticed a wierd click when turning my wheel to either side while hitting the gas. It was not too bad, so I looked around the motor and wheel area and i didn't see anything. The next day while cruising down a windy (fun) road I did my usual, somewhat hard 1, 2 shift. Bang, it sounded like my motor was going to come through the firewall and pop me in the knees. I inspected the car thoroughly at a gas station. The drivers' side transmission mount was fully collapsed on itself. I thought, this sucks, I need a new mount. So, i order one and in the three days it takes ford to get it for me I don't drive the car. The clicking was far worse now. When the mount came I picked it up and decided to drive to winkty's house, where all my tools were. Half way there, I get stuck at a red light and when it goes green I can't move the car... As i let off the clutch it made a very violent vibration and a loud clacking noise. So, i got her towed to my garage and this is what I found in the tranny, tell me what you guys think...

this one's the tranny mount, you can't really see where it broke because my camera sucks and it's rubber

Did the diff kill the mount, or did the mount kill the diff? and how??? I'm running aerocharger stage 3 with lots of other stuff done I made 189hp and 217ft/lbs on the dyno.. Is this why? Am I the only one?

·
Registered
550 Posts
atleast the diff is still partially intact with some teeth. i took mine to the track and ripped the teeth clean off, it was almost a smooth surface and made a clatter noise. i guess that is what a n/a 4000rpm launch does.

·
Registered
659 Posts
bump

·
Registered
440 Posts
Time to get a torsen

·
Registered
659 Posts
sorry i was showing travis the stock diff