Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, we rented out dyno time today... This was my first power test since I dumped the JRSC and went w/ Nitrous

My setup:

-2000 ZX3
-Fully built Performance Automatic Tranny
-Precision Industries Tq Converter
-K&N Drop In Panel Filter
-FC Race Header
-FC Flex
-Borla Exhaust

I did my runs using my Compucar "Bag Of Nitrous" dry n2o setup. The jet sizes are rather odd

they are:
SMALL - 39
MEDIUM - 46
LARGE - 63
X-LARGE - 76
KICK *** - 86

I cant quite figure out the numbers on the jets... Maybe the flow rateor somethin... but here are the results.

Run 1: Baseline
<font color="blue"> 106.9 HP </font>
<font color="red"> 113.8 TQ </font>

Run 2: Compucar "Small" Jet
<font color="blue"> 153.9 HP </font>
<font color="red"> 162.1 TQ </font>

Run 3: Compucar "Medium" Jet
<font color="blue"> 166.6 HP </font>
<font color="red"> 171.2 TQ </font>

Run 4: Compucar "Large" Jet
<font color="blue"> 182.2 HP </font>
<font color="red"> 197.4 TQ </font>

The first 2 nitrous runs we forgot to hook up the wideband o2, but the 3rd nitrous run we hooked it up and realized that at that shot, I was running about 2 full points lean

There wasnt even a trace of detonation, but I did have a bit 110 octane in my tank which was probably my saving grace runing that lean *wipes sweat from brow*

I'll be adding some slightly larger injectors this week, but overall... I am EXTREMELY pleased with my results!!!

I'll scan and post the results soon

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Re: My dyno numbers from today

pretty nice numbers...I would recommend a wet kit.....but then again, I can't help it

·
Registered
3,248 Posts

Toole, I just sent the scanned image to you on email.

yes, it was a good day at the dyno. My numbers changed a bit since the last post of 153.6 HP. I've since replaced the 3" pulley on my JRSC with a 2.6" and replaced my shortie header I had at the time with a kamikaze(sp), we also tuned in my cams. The results are:

Base line:
170.7 HP
143.1 TQ

Final:
174.2 HP
145.6 TQ

Best part is that I'm still running the stock ECM and fuel system (except for JRSC's black box)and I'm actually running a bit rich 3500 - 4500 RPM range and good every where else. I thought for sure I was gonna be a bit lean with the added boost (7 lb). Anyway, these numbers are good as far as I'm concerned since it's still making plenty of power when it hits FCO, so I think I'll have my ECM re-calibrated to raise the FCO and rev limiter and try it again later (or maybe a chip).

·
Registered
2,838 Posts

I got to witness how fun a Bag'O Nitrous can be w/ Toole today. Holy crap I NEED IT!! It is by far the coolest N20 thing I have every seen. Insert metal probe in airbox resonator hole, plug into cigatetter lighter, push button. It just defies words

·
Registered
744 Posts

ok wait... someone explain this to me... lol WTF bag-o-nitrous? what is it, how much is it, where can I get one, and does it come in a "I'm trying to compensate for my penis' size" nozzle?
... no serisouly... where can I find out more about this?

·
Registered
2,572 Posts

it injects nitrous befor the MAF and its a dry setup. A VERY VERY crude kit. at 180 some or whatever horsepower your stock injectors are SOOOOOOO FAR MAXED its not even funny. I will bet $$$$$ that your zetec won't last long. Although, it would be cool to have around whenever you have a rental car!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

the n2o in a bag kit is a VERY crude nitrous system

here is how it works:

you have a 10lb bottle mounted to a plank that sits inside a gym bag... the nitrous solenoid sits right off the bottle... you run the nitrous line into your intake (pre-MAF)... the power supply is your cigarette lighter, and you have a simple push button switch.... Hold to spray, release to stop

As for being maxed out on HP... You are correct... thats why I was 2 points lean on my highest run... I have a set of 24lb injectors on the way...

And even if i DO blow my motor, this "crude" kit has no physical installation on the car... thus, dealership has no proof of the kit... thus I can get a new motor for a $50 copay under my warranty... "i dunno what happened mr dealer man... i went to pass someone on the highway and it made some loud BOOM and the car died

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when is the next track day? i'll run the medium shot all night long...

i'll have my injectors in my mid-week and can then run the "large" shot all night

by the way... I need some more cold plugs... throw me a couple more sets and we'll be square on that rear hatch strip

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts

the n2o in a bag kit is a VERY crude nitrous system

here is how it works:

you have a 10lb bottle mounted to a plank that sits inside a gym bag... the nitrous solenoid sits right off the bottle... you run the nitrous line into your intake (pre-MAF)... the power supply is your cigarette lighter, and you have a simple push button switch.... Hold to spray, release to stop

As for being maxed out on HP... You are correct... thats why I was 2 points lean on my highest run... I have a set of 24lb injectors on the way...

And even if i DO blow my motor, this "crude" kit has no physical installation on the car... thus, dealership has no proof of the kit... thus I can get a new motor for a $50 copay under my warranty... "i dunno what happened mr dealer man... i went to pass someone on the highway and it made some loud BOOM and the car died

hum....from what i hear from a decent source (a ford service tech) if they even *THINK* you EVER had N2O on that car they will tear apart your car looking for evidence and that includes shipping your pistons off for testing, then if they find evidence, they void every part of your powertrain warranty. That is why i bought my wheels instead of the N2O kit i have been wanting for a long while, well, that and the fact that the same service tech gave me whats left of a spark plug that came out of a focus w/ a 65 shot.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts

Yeah, if there is any suspecion what so ever, the dealer will get the district rep involved. Then in most cases he is going to want to "tear it down" before authorizing any repairs. Then, the'll see the VERY EVIDENT signs of DETONATION, melted pistons, etc etc. and deny you. Just seems like too much of a gamble to me, but hey, thats my opinion.

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

correct me if i'm wrong, but whether you dupe the dealer or not, it's fraud right?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

well... if thats the case... thats the case... If it happens, it never hurts to try

still fun nonetheless

·
Registered
2,440 Posts

actually I have a good story to go along with that hatchstrip

hmm....lets look at cost $5 vs $20 no game

I heard the midnight drags are going to be handing out timeslips to certain lanes so thats an option

your car should DEFINATELY go high 14's with that setup...who's the fastest automatic right now that has ran at the track?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

right now I believe LedfootS2 is the fastest... not sure what he runs, but I know he is putting down the most power for an ATX right now...

we'll leave Tom and his ATX conversion out of this conversation as we all know that his numbers are insanely unrealistic for us every-day joes that dont live in the basement of a dyno shop and have 10's of Thousands of dollars to spend on our cars

·
Registered
744 Posts

who's the fastest automatic right now that has ran at the track?

I believe Tom SHOULD be... not sure... but should be...

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

again... i am really not counting tom. Tom is swapping from MTX to ATX... he is maintaining the MTX computer, etc...

There is a big difference between tom and everyone else that has ATX on this board...

but to correct my last post. I believe Precision Turbo's Test Car is the most powerful ATX as of right now.

Now if tom and Mike would ever get it together and finish the ATX chip they have been ignoring for the past several years, then maybe a bunch of us could visit tom for tuning... but since his ATX swap doesnt use the ATX computer... he has no need to work on an ATX chip yet again.

So once again those of us running high power ATX are still at a severe lack of options for tuning

·
Registered
2,440 Posts

anyways...my question was just the fastest auto that has ran the 1/4...but kevin just answered that

Kevin... its not Tom and Mike that need to finsih it up. Its Mike from Autologic that needs to send Mike and Tom the program

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

well... whomever it is... they are about as slow as a brick rolling up hill when it comes to the ATX program...

but yes. Precision Turbo has the fastest 1/4 time for an ATX car thus far... and they'll see vast improvement once they go to a built tranny as well

1 - 20 of 23 Posts