Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: my dyno vid

well i guess the video isn't working, or at least it isn't for me. you can still hear the car though if that interests anyone.

i'll work on getting a working video of it up

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

125 max hp, 127 max torque per Dynojet.
it needs a tune up, cam gears and dyno tune...and the clutch is slippin a bit when i get on it, so i don't.
i know its got more in it, it just needs some lovin'

·
Registered
87 Posts

If you just have those mods that are listed in your signature, there's really no reason you should be detonating..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

the thing is...i put 80,000 miles on the car (stop and go driving, not highway) in a little over 2 years, atleast 35 passes at the track, and numerous times when i've gotten on it in public even though i shouldn't have. it hasn't had any kind of a tune up, which is dumb on my part. it has really lost quite a bit of power up top, or atleast it feels like it, and it likes to make a "ping"ing sound up in the rpms. i haven't driven it hard it a while because of this. when it was getting dyno'd was the first time it had REALLY been pushed in atleast a month or two. i just wish i had the money to do the maintenance i want and need to do...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

any suggestions on how i get this video to be hosted correctly? it's about 12.5 MB and the file itself works so i don't know what the problem is.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts

i just wish i had the money to do the maintenance i want and need to do...
You don't have $10 to put new Autolite double platinum plugs in it?

any suggestions on how i get this video to be hosted correctly?
Try Putfile.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

Are you sure it's detonation? Maybe you're hearing a bit of valve float...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i don't know for sure myself that it IS detonation, just what i was told by more than one of the "professionals" at the shop. These guys weren't stupid but could have been wrong...i mean they are used to working with cars with more than 400 hp and rear wheel drive, but they also know quite a bit about the foci as well. BTW i've got vids of a 500 hp corvette z06 and a 500 hp impala ss on the dyno as well, but if my video won't work, i doubt they will...

·
I Now Post Stupid ****
3,495 Posts

Spark Plugs=$16 Motorcraft Double Platinum
Air Filter=$10
Fuel Filter=$10
Spark Plug Wires=$30
Fuel SYSTEM Cleaner=$15
Synthetic Oil & Motorcraft Filter=$25-30
Bottle of solvent to clean MAF=$4
Bottle of solvent to clean Throttle Body=$4
Sandpaper to clean groudn points=$4.

Total Cost=$120

Cost of Dyno=$50 on Average.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

i got on the dyno for $30 for 2 pulls, dyno day special. thanks for the list there with the prices, i'll work my funds around to get all that taken care of.
on a lighter note, i got the video to work, but after all this anticipation i feel it will be a let down...oh well
here you go
http://rapidshare.de/files/4423661/car_meet_and_dyno_day_067.avi.html

1 - 12 of 12 Posts