local salvage yard

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
SR20DET

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you serious!!! I'm using bomz cold air intake with Monster flow air filter. What kinda filter were you using???

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Originally posted by TWnRB:
Are you serious!!! I'm using bomz cold air intake with Monster flow air filter. What kinda filter were you using???
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Does it really matter

The filter got in some water and the engine sucked it in.

bartlomiej. Get in touch with CasperSE? He got a good deal on a used(I think)engine.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by osoausymemo:
Sounds like now is a good time for the V8 conversion.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Getting a V6 (and RWD)lined up for mine. Ummmm. twin turbo.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Yesterday it was raining and my bomz air filter sucked up water, and now i have a huge hole in my engine so big i can see right into the piston chamber. Anyone know where to get a zetec cheap???

·
Registered
427 Posts
Also try KSGerry. He's a member of FJ. He's got good deals on slightly used or posibbly new motors.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Originally posted by PBZX3:
Also try KSGerry. He's a member of FJ. He's got good deals on slightly used or posibbly new motors.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks PBZX3,
I've got two types of Zetecs available...

One choice is a 2001 Zetec 2.0 liter removed from unsold Ford Focus cars. No way of knowing the mileage of these engines, but other engine builders ( including one that builds them for Formula Zetec road racing ) say that they are in as new internal condition. Some may have a little dust or spots of oil on the exterior. These engines are complete with intake and exhaust manifolds, fuel injection, wiring harness. Missing is the starter, alternator, and ECU. Price with FocalJet discount is $750.dollars plus shipping (about $175-200 prepaid). I sold one to CasperSE, ( FJ member ) in Chandler, Arizona.

Second choice is a 2001 Zetec 2.0 engine assembled for the Ford Escape or Mazda Tribute. These are new and still in their wooden packing crate. Ford considers them as surplus. The engine block, cylinder head and internal components are identical to the Ford Focus. However the "bolt-on" components...intake and exhaust manifolds may be a different style and may not be suitable for your application. Price per new crate engine (with FJ discount) is $900.dollars plus shipping.

Regards,
Gerry Dedonis "KSGerry"
Kansas Racing Products Inc.
[email protected]
785-922-6644

PS...Duratec all-aluminum engines in 2.0 and 2.3 displacements are also available. In addition, Kansas Racing Products will make a donation the the FocalJet website for any engine sold to an FJ member.

Thanks FJ!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yesterday it was raining and my bomz air filter sucked up water, and now i have a huge hole in my engine so big i can see right into the piston chamber. Anyone know where to get a zetec cheap???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
how deep was the river

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Originally posted by Blimp69:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
how deep was the river
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah i thought you had to like immerse the damn thing in water to hydrolock the engine. I did think just some rain would cause a problem. Well guess its better to go with the short ram CAI. L8er jon

·
Registered
151 Posts
HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!
It was raining here and I had the Bomz on and my engine started sputtering , so I figured that I was sucking up water and put my Focus Sport one back on and all was good! I hope that there wasnt any damage done!!!!
Sorry about your luck bro....what a bummer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts