Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'll start this post by saying I was very very impressed today.
I took a trip to Lidio's shop this morning at 2am so I could get there at 8, that was fun I must say
. I had him tune my car to work properly with my ac3.

Right off the bat as I got in the door I was promptly greeted by Lidio himself. He and I spoke for a few minutes and he thouroughly explained what he was about to do. Then it all began.

First task, install 42lb injectors and all monitoring hardware. That took about a half hour total after the car was cooled down a bit. The mechanic installed a wideband o2 sensor in my random tech cat (took out my first factory o2). Then Lidio plugged a laptop into my OBD2 port to monitor rpm and timing advance. He plugged another laptop into my ECU. He loaded a base map and off we went. We drove around town and he explained everything he was doing and why. He did some pulls from various rpms and under different loads (gears). He had me monitor timing and read the values to him as he watched A/F and drove the car. After about three quarters of a tank of gas I was tuned and running 11-12 psi all day with no detonation and a safe a/f ratio.

The car drives like it's bone stock, just faster. Drivability is awesome. I highly recommend Lidio's services to anyone who wants to tune their forced induction focus. He offers friendly service, and quality work. He really knows what he's talking about. He's getting a dyno in the next few days too, but he said he will continue to tune on the street as he did for me. I plan on going back up there after the dyno comes in to tune my cam gears and get some numbers to post. Here's a link to his website if anyone's interested in contacting him. Alternative Auto home page

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Cool

Like to see a dyno graph. At 11 - 12 PSI I would guess you are at ~ 220 - 230 torque and close to 200 whp.

Feels good no?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the coolest feeling in the world

·
Registered
573 Posts
NICE. its good to finally read something about lidio's work. im 1/2 way to getting enough money to get there once i have the money ON goes the kit. WOOHOOO

·
Registered
232 Posts
How did you like reading of the timing as it changed.I was impressed with him also.We cruised around all day.I like Lidio alot.His mechanics are pretty cool too.Good to hear you had a good time.I will see him here in a couple of weeks for the second time.with a different set-up.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reading the timing was pretty cool. I am used to it from reading the logger on my roomates UTEC (subaru version of a pectel kinda) while tuning. Maps looked the same too.

·
Registered
315 Posts
How does Lidio schedule these type of projects. How much time in advance does he need to schedule a boost upgrade "JRSC"?

Thanks

George

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
His schedule varies, he's very busy. Just call him and schedule it for when it's convenient for the both of you. His number is on the website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts