Ford Focus Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
everyone be warned do not buy form those a$$ holes at modern performance. i recently bought a aem cai and a aem bypass valve form them. they matched a price form another web site and i got a great deal. well the bypass valve they sent me does not fit. i asked the sales man 3 times that he was sure it would fit and he assured me it would he even had to call me back so he could go double check. well i get it and what do ya know the bypass vavle dosent fit. i call them and tell them they said it back we will give u your money back . i asked if they woudl pay for shippign costs too and they said yes. so i send it back to them cost me 14$ to ship cause i had to have it packaged up too and i talked ot them today. they said yes we got it but we wont refund u for shipping costs.they said cause they gave me such a great deal on the cai they cant pay me back what it cost to send them back there part that didnt fit

so basically they wont pay to have a part sent back to them that dosent fit liek they said it would numerous times because they gave me a good deal the first time. talk about ripping off the customer. they are fine till soemthign is wrong then they tuck tail and run

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS!!! THEY DO NOT STAND BEHIND THERE PRODUCTS AND HAVE LYING SALESMEN WHO DONT KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKIGN ABOUT.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
calm down man...it sounds like they did most everything to earn your business. i dont see how 1 couldnt fit over the next 1 in the shed, but who's to say. it could have been an honest mistake, they do alot of business. i've never bought from them, but they are a respected sponsor of this site. i'm surprised that they would pay for shipping costs, most all companies dont...thats just somethin you gotta eat.

but dont be so irate, and spill this all over the board...you need to sort out your deal w/them and them only...if you cant reach a resolution, seek 1 of the chief board admins or big cheese 'ron' to help you.

good luck,

-Ult

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Oh great, we don't need another situation similar to the Focus Central one.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
No complains here regarding Modern Performance. alot of comapnies do not refund shipping costs but exchange the item if something is wrong with it. IT sux about the shippign costs, but you will get into similar situations quiet a lot down the road. u should have asked them to give you soemthing in writing or at least an email where they staed that. If you just have the word of mouth that doesn't mean [censored] in the business world.

I guess you can always dispute the shippign charge with your credit card institue if you paid with plastic, or if it went straight out of the account, alwasy dispute it that way as well....just couple pointers...good luck

·
Registered
727 Posts
This looks like another case of "Newbie" syndrome!!! Modern has been around too long w/ little complaints. You sound too high strung on this. Why didn't you have them send you the correct valve anyways...

P.S. Bypass valves are a waste of money...

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Modern Performance Issue...

Sounds like you might've talked to two different sales reps, one of which was not as leanient as the other was. I go to Modern Performance all the time, they are great people, and conduct business well. In fact they are the top distributor for Neon parts I think. Chill it out man.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Re: Modern Performance Issue...

What's the problem? I work for a company that ships things and we don't refund shipping costs. We go through tons of dealers none which will refund shipping costs, sorry but that's business. HOWEVER, if you ordered over the phone you can always talk to the manager and they can "pull the call" and review it. Maybe then can you get your shipping cost back.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts

I don't trust recommendations to NOT do business from a n00b with a whopping 6 posts.

Sorry dood...

·
LET'S GO RIDE BIKES
2,760 Posts

I don't trust recommendations to NOT do business from a n00b with a whopping 6 posts.

Sorry dood...

Sorry man, that was just funny.

I'd say F.I.M.O (f*#k it move on)

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

Sorry new guy.. You will be ok... Hey i got a strut brace from them and now my hood is up on the driverside just a lil but i'm GRAVY you will be alright...

take 2 pills "chill pills" call me in the morning...

·
Registered
993 Posts
This looks like another case of "Newbie" syndrome!!! Modern has been around too long w/ little complaints. You sound too high strung on this. Why didn't you have them send you the correct valve anyways...

P.S. Bypass valves are a waste of money...
by-pass valves are a waste of money and do not work?

looks like all them posts you've made dont mean you know much about cars

just cuz you've been a member of an online forum for longer than someone else and call people "newbies" you think you're a genious huh?

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
just cuz you've been a member of an online forum for longer than someone else and call people "newbies" you think you're a genious huh?
dude - take it to pm if you intend to hijack the thread and start a pissing match. cuz this has nothing to do with either the guys incident nor with modern performance.

·
Registered
258 Posts
[edit: I'm not going to waste my time arguing on here, but just because someone is new to the website, it doesn't mean they're scum and the rest of you with 1 million post are gods]

I feel for the guy.

·
Registered
993 Posts
but what you said had a lot to do with the post right?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I bought some mirrors from focus performance once and when I got them they were broken. I sent them back and they sent me new ones but I still had to pick up the shipping on the mirrors I sent back. Is it fair? who knows? FP didnt break the items, they were defective from the supplier. point is, someone has to pay shipping and in my experience its always the customer. Just the way it is. As long as MP is willing to refund you or send you the right part then they are doing ok. I have only bought one thing from them but I had no problems with it. better luck next time.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Well I think half of you guys are missing the point. I understand not paying shipping back in most situations. But in this case, he did everything humanly possibly to get "their" assurance that the part would fit. Then the part "doesn't" fit as they said it would. It's like sending out the wrong part, and not paying shipping back. This mistake was completely on the part of the company, and they should have refunded payed shipping back. Any reputable company that makes a mistake, would never dream of costing the customer money for their screw-up. So I see where he's coming from.

On the other hand, Dude.. modern performance has had some great reviews in the past. They've been around for a while, and it's only 14 dollars. I mean it's not like it's 50 or 100 bucks. I think it would be better to look at it, with a little perspective.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
In regards to a new member:

It is not uncommon for a competitor of a company to try and deface their competition through slanderings and such. This soesn't appear to be the case here, however an unestablished user is one that everyone should take with a grain a salt.

·
Registered
629 Posts
In regards to a new member:

It is not uncommon for a competitor of a company to try and deface their competition through slanderings and such. This soesn't appear to be the case here, however an unestablished user is one that everyone should take with a grain a salt.
I see, it all makes sence now. TONY D=breakdancein!

Im kidding.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.