Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals, i have noticed many of you have had a porb with this mod. you install the tb it idles ok then after a while it starts to stick, you adjust the set screw to no avial etc. do this, once you are sure the the tb is not sticking form under the hood and the idle is ok, get your wd40 or other such lube with an extention tube, get into the dirver side foot well and push the gas pedal to the floor, notice that the cable enters into a sleeve, squirt a bit of your lub in to the sleeve and work the pedal, also give a couple of squirts to the piviot points on the gas pedal. take for a drive and enjoy.

[ 09-04-2002: Message edited by: Machine ]</p>

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
i'll try it but my ECU says the Throttle Position Sensor is not working properly.

·
Registered
826 Posts
That is not the reason that TB's stick. They stick because the tolerances are so tight on the TB's such that when the idle screw is backed off too far the blade comes in contact with the TB wall causing a sticking problem. All you have to do is turn the screw counterclockwise a quarter to a half turn and you should be fine.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nads

you may have noticed that i eliminated that variable in my previous post. the quid-pro-quo for this fix issue assumes that a tolerance issue inside the throttle body bore is eliminated, because exagerated adjustment of the idle set screw results in completly assinine behavior of the pcm.

·
Registered
393 Posts
i tried it and it made things quite a bit smoother..thanks

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
WD40 is not a lube

I suggest a nice synthetic lubricant kinda like the white lightning I used to use on my race bikes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts