Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
very nicee!!

Your numbers off the bottle are good too! the reason why your tq is so low off the bottle is due to the stock header..its really restricting your cams....get a race header on that bad boy and watch your tq jump hugely!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
focusonmyzetec: he already has the ORP...just pick up a shorty...how long did u do the tuning for?
not bad numbers

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by KicknZX3:
focusonmyzetec: he already has the ORP...just pick up a shorty...how long did u do the tuning for?
not bad numbers
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Would I benefit more from a shorty header additions to the ORP, or should I just spend the extra cash to get the race header?? I already plan to get a flex pipe so I was actually thinking about getting the FS race header and flex pipe combo. Opinions please.

I was on the dyno for a little over an hour and I got 14 runs in. the best hp I saw was 136 but the tq was only at 111
so I decided that 135 and 119 was acceptable.

BTW thanks for the comments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice numbers.My first tripp to the dyno was today and a put 109HP and 120Lb feet. All I have is a obx short ram intake and a AEM alt. pulley so I think it did ok for what amounts to a stock car.You all can laugh about the intake and pulley but I just put in my order for my AEM cai,FC pulley set, and MSD 8.5mm wires so maybay that will help at the dyno

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I went to the dyno today for the first time to tune my cams mainly. While I was there I did a pull on the bottle. I started out with 128hp and 111tq and after tuning the cam timing I ended up with 135hp and 119tq.

On the bottle I pulled 176.8hp and 1804tq at only 600psi bottle pressure. I am very happy.

Of course I will post the dyno on monday at work when I have acces to the proper resources.

btw, it was mid 60s. good for motor, bad for bottle.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
get the race header and flex and sell the ORP you will thank me later...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
get the race header and flex and sell the ORP you will thank me later...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dude is right. The ORP is just an option for those who can't run the race header due to emissions but want something to run at the track.

My .02= FC race header/flex.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Race Header and flex pipe it is. Thanks guys.
but FC or FS???

and Clemonson, we all started out with "just" intake or something. That's some nice tq though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts