Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to change things around a lil. Since there are no shows down here I decided to do some restructuring. The side mouldings are in Pittsburgh getting worked on, so don't mind the clear take.

But yeah, I decided to swap mirrors around:

My old M3s (soon to be on MachFive's focus):

My new Mattig DTMs:

I love them. What do you guys think???

Ollie

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
those are differnt I can say I have never seen those before. can you see out of them..

they look good. did you think about painting them. but with a black car it looks nice.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They defienetly will be painted. Probably next month or so...the color doesn;t bother me too much right now..but I will get them painted to maintain the clean look.

And yeah...the glass is concaved so seeing out of them is like lookng through the M3s.

Ollie

·
Registered
993 Posts
this could be the 2nd time I've seen those mirrors on a focus...

I stared at the pics for 20 minutes (ok, I might be exagerating), and just could not bring myself to like them

They seem like plastic warts coming out from the car.. if they had a flat bottom, and similar contours to the focus, I might let the rest slide... but they seem so out of place.

maybe they'd look a bit better if they were painted to match the car's paint.

sorry man... just my thoughts...

on the upside, it's very original, the install looks clean and hopefully you can still see out of those mirrors.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
conor - sorry man, I can not let this happen

Dark - hey no problem man. It took me a while to like them too, but than all of the sudden I was ready for the swap. I'm sure they will look better once painted. As I said...I'm glad people give me their honest opinions. I don;t get anything out of BS, u know...

All comments welcome...Thanx guys

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
conor - sorry man, I can not let this happen

Dark - hey no problem man. It took me a while to like them too, but than all of the sudden I was ready for the swap. I'm sure they will look better once painted. As I said...I'm glad people give me their honest opinions. I don;t get anything out of BS, u know...

All comments welcome...Thanx guys
Damn German Crap!!!!!!!
jus playin man! I love them. I think they look really good. gives it a totally different flavor. Most people probably woulnd't notice if that you even changed them out. Nice and subtle. good job!

G

·
0 Posts
Your car is beautyfull!! Everything is in order...Personally I dont like these mirrors, but if you like it its allright. Probably I dont like them because I see them here rearly and I havent real experience of this style. In the other hand I think they much in the whole look of your car.

Perfect job!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I still have to decide. The first pic of them looks nice, other pics they kinda look weird. Kinda like the focus in general, depends on the angle you look at them. Over all

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The first pic of them looks nice, other pics they kinda look weird. Kinda like the focus in general
I don't understand...'Kinda like the focus in general'? What don't you like? Just the mirrors? That't's the only part I changed from the 1st pic to the others...oh..and the mouldings are off the car in the other pix...getting painted right now...

Ollie

·
Registered
537 Posts
The car looks awesome!

I really like the look of the mirrors, but that last picture makes it look like they don't belong on a focus.
Maybe once you paint them, they will look better fitted?
What lip do you have? Wheels?...specs?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
The first pic of them looks nice, other pics they kinda look weird. Kinda like the focus in general
I don't understand...'Kinda like the focus in general'? What don't you like? Just the mirrors? That't's the only part I changed from the 1st pic to the others...oh..and the mouldings are off the car in the other pix...getting painted right now...

Ollie
I dont dis-like the mirrors. Its just some angles they look slick as hell, but other angles they look kinda odd. Let me fix " Kinda like a focus in general"

1 - 20 of 52 Posts