Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are my completed pics, just finished it last night.

here you get a good look at the throttle body adapter plate

here is the SVT alternator bracket, which lower the alternator over 1/2" for clearance.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Good Job.
Now come over and put one on my Focus.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
All that for $500 and something? I like it a lot and wil;l be getting with my tax return. Hold one for me. With all that it's a straight bolt on and the 65 mm tb will work with it?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yeah, I'm interested in seeing how much power that makes with a cat-back, intake, and 65mm tb. Also, how hard is is to install? Thanks.

[ 01-12-2003, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: RicanStyleZX3 ]

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
I'm guessing the home depot in your area is running short on brass fittings.

Looks good chris.

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yup thank god for home depot

this manifold was dynoed for 16 hp on a stock focus with a 70mm t/b and stock cat, basically a stock engine. this info is in the ford racing catalog.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Who sells a 70mm tb. Besides FC

·
Registered
152 Posts
70mm 4.6L Mustang TB...bolts right up...but the throttle linkage bracket has to be modified a bit...

[ 01-12-2003, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: Dejomo ]

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
How many NPT fittings does that thing have???!!

So, aside from the initial cost that the manifold sells at. how much more would someone be looking at to bolt right up to the Zetec?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I bought the manifold for my car as well, but have not installed it yet...I am kind of worried about the idle air control valve, and whether it will idle corectly, there are no specs on hose size or anything, or which idle air control valve should be used...have you run your car yet, and do you think it will be ok?

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
good job chris, i've been anxious to see the finished product. i'll have to stop by soon to check it out in person.

Nate

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
This intake works great there are no problems with anything AFTER you get past the bolting it on part

I have been running this intake for allmost a year now and love it

tom

·
Registered
217 Posts
hey chris it looks good i just sold my nitrous kit on ebay and will probably in about two weeks be e-mailing u to get one of these. they will be ready for delivery by then right?? if they arn't already. i just want to make sure oh and on your website it say u got gaskets for a little extra i would soppose thats a nesesity right? anyways looks good and i can't wait to get mine

1 - 20 of 35 Posts