Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He won $25,000 toward the downpayment on a new car so he got a WRX for a paltry $1400 out of his own pocket! (there were no STi's available)

Can you believe the dumb luck of this guy?!

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
That's when you look at life and think to yourself
*This is BULLS**T*
And then you realize that nothing this lucky or this good ever happens to you....
drink the beer deep my friends...drink it deep..

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how did he win that?
He signed up for some contest at a car dealer when he took his wife's car in to be serviced...3 days later, he got a phonecall telling him he'd made it to the "final drawing" and went down there Monday for the winner's drawing.

Sorry bastard! (grrrrrr...)

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i'm going to start entering contests.

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
he didn't invest? i wouldn't worry. that kind of thing is karma. he'll get wha e deserves for being so stupid. when he needs that money real bad he'll wish he didn't WASTE it all on material things. or at least think about it more

·
Registered
258 Posts
he didn't invest? i wouldn't worry. that kind of thing is karma. he'll get wha e deserves for being so stupid. when he needs that money real bad he'll wish he didn't WASTE it all on material things. or at least think about it more
I think the contest was for $25k to be used to purchase a car from that dealership. I might be mistaken, but that's what I figured from the first post.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I think the contest was for $25k to be used to purchase a car from that dealership. I might be mistaken, but that's what I figured from the first post.
yea I got that same thing.. I don't think he had a choice of what to do with it.. it seems like it was only for a new car!

·
Registered
659 Posts
ya but he is going to have to claim it as additional income on his taxes which will put him in a higher bracket and he will pay in a substantial amount. prob at least 7000 out of pocket at end of year.

adam

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
they might have taken the taxes out of it before he got it, no?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
ya but he is going to have to claim it as additional income on his taxes which will put him in a higher bracket and he will pay in a substantial amount. prob at least 7000 out of pocket at end of year.

adam
If it was me, Id sell the focus. that combined with not having to make a car payment anymore should make up the difference on gift taxes.

·
Registered
659 Posts
If it was me, Id sell the focus. that combined with not having to make a car payment anymore should make up the difference on gift taxes.
I agree
, A builder i had a meeting with won a Dodge viper and had to pay over 19,000 dollars at the end of year for taxes, it is considered an income. Kinda sux but oh well

adam

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
He won $25,000 toward the downpayment on a new car so he got a WRX for a paltry $1400 out of his own pocket! (there were no STi's available)

Can you believe the dumb luck of this guy?!
Don't get too wound up in a tizzy.

He'll have to pay Federal income taxes at his now $25,000 higher bracket and State taxes, if any. So he's going to pay more than $1,400 out of pocket for this one.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
must be nice.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I agree
, A builder i had a meeting with won a Dodge viper and had to pay over 19,000 dollars at the end of year for taxes, it is considered an income. Kinda sux but oh well

adam

[/QUOTE]

that is still a viper for $19K, i would take one at that price any day of the year!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts