Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a few weeks ago that I had gutted the focus. Well I finally got my hands on a digital camera today and took a picture of the hatch.

It's still a work in progress...I'm still deciding how to cover up the guts...not sure if I'll have a system or not back there. But this is what I got so far:

Noise isn't that bad...but it's noticeable...otherwise I like it a lot.

-AM

·
Registered
921 Posts
I'd like to find a full kit, or someone who can mold fiberglass, to cover the unfinished area. I was going to carpet everything but that seems way too hard (too many angles).

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
I'd like to find a full kit, or someone who can mold fiberglass, to cover the unfinished area. I was going to carpet everything but that seems way too hard (too many angles).
Wait, you gut the interior to save weight, and then want to add fiberglass to cover it up, adding back the weight?

I can understand wanting something to smooth over the area where the rear seat was, but

·
Registered
921 Posts
That's kinda what I'm saying is that once you get down to bare bones it's hard to cover it all up without adding wieght. Even a lot of carpet would negate some wieght reduction. I don't think I worded my first post correctly.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well some people do it for the weight reduction...others for the style opportunities that come up once the rear seats are gone. Both paths are great! Like I said, I'm not sure if I'm just going to cover up the guts with just fiberboard and carpet or if I want to add a full system...or if I just leave it like that...heh.

-AM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts