Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, this probably seems like a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway.
If you deck the head, that raises your compression, right?
Can you just deck your head, or do you need to do the whole thing?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yes decking the head increases compression. You are removing material from the haed, getting it closer to the block, in laymans terms.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Decking the head does shave just the bottom thus increasing the compression, but would make no sense to do unless you do more head work, might even consider match porting intake and exhaust manifolds.

GOOD LUCK ...

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Actually, this probably seems like a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway.
If you deck the head, that raises your compression, right?
Can you just deck your head, or do you need to do the whole thing?
It's not a dumb question at all. Certainly you could just go with a decked head. However, you would be able take advantage of removing your head at the time of decking, by porting and polishing as well as a radiused valve job. You're not going to see big gains with just decking, though.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How much would just decking cost?
It's too bad, I don't really have the $900 for your whole head job. Not that I wouldn't kill for it, I know the work you guys do.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Hells Bells!!! If you've got punch and pie then I'm headed down and blowin off work today!!!

w00t

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, that's definately something to think about. I've got lots of time on my hands, but not so much $$$. I've got the basics down (intake, exhaust, udp, tb), would I notice much except a higher gas bill?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts