Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok according to the Gtec/pro devise i was using, im pushing around 160 w my custom exhaust. now i dont know if thats wheel power or what. the first time i did it it said 196hp and that was w/the engine cold. the other times was after driving for a few min. im going to get it dynoed as soon as i can find a shop to do itin my area to see exactly. if any one knowsof a dyno shop around monks corner sc or summerville sc or any where in my sc area let me know. thanks for ur time and attention.
daniel

·
Registered
723 Posts
if you have a focus and all you have is a custom exhaust, then you do not have 160 hp.

·
Registered
401 Posts
list you mods. If all you have is custom exhaust thats wrong. The wirhg t could be wrong on the gtech or you couold not have set it a 0 correctly.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts

IF you think that the 196hp was maybe due to cold whether, youre smoking crack that even crackheads dont smoke

You are definetly using it wrong, when i had mine, it was very accurate, how the hell did you get 160hp? What did you put in as weight for your car, 10000lb? You must get the weight EXACT with you in it, and you must also have it zeroed out

[ 01-05-2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
606 Posts
If I'm not mistaken GVW is calculated based on the assumption of four adult passengers in the car. You need to subtract 180 lbs. per each passenger. Check out this article on MustangWorld...pretty informative.

If you can, just before you run get the car weighed...truck scales, local garbage dump (some weigh before and after to determine how much to charge) etc.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
NOW 156hp sounds closer to SVT but even with exhuast is still off...A svt focus with exhuast will make 145-150whp...but for the Gtec thats pretty close, the Gtec always overexagaretates a bit on power and 1/4 but then again, conditions MUST BE PERFECT for it to be accurate, straight road, level road, zeroed out and the weight must be DEAD on
damn, with my turbo, if i put 3700lb, i would be pushing right around 350whp right now....bwahhahhabhahhhbahha

That made my day

JIMEL, even if it was a SVT..

GVW is NOT how much your car weighs

Your car weighs 2600lb + you zx3, for svt add about 150lb....

SOrry, it was just funny guys

[ 01-05-2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: nazthug ]

·
Registered
793 Posts
Originally posted by lilracer:
yea the weight is right thats what the the vgw sticker says. the svt fully loaded is heavy. like i said in my last post the 196 is probly wrongbut i am going to get dynoed just to make sure.
daniel
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As stated above GVCW is the car, plus 4 adults (@ 180 lbs each) as well as a cargo load. It is the max that the car can "legally" be loaded at. The weight with you and whatever else is much closer to what Nazthug states. I made the same mistakes when I had my first GTech. Trust me, the Weight must be exact, and the unit must be zeroed. If either is off, then the results will be off dramatically.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it was set at zero and i did everything it said to. as for the weight i put 3670lbs. which is what my car is. it said to redline in all gears. i only went to 4th. i know the 196hp was wrong but the rest was right. i did it again today and keep on averageing out at around 156hp. like i said though, im going to have it dynoed so that wont lie. keep in mind i have a svt focus not a stock zx3. whether u guys care or not thats fine i was just listing my hp. i know a guy w/ one who is baselined at 150hp so my 156 isnt hard to believe. so whatever u think is up to u but ill have the accurate hp in a few once i find a dyno shop.
daniel

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Originally posted by lilracer:
it was set at zero and i did everything it said to. as for the weight i put 3670lbs. which is what my car is.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">3670? That sounds awefully high. Where you carrying a couple of dead bodies in the trunk?

You might want to double check that weight.

·
Registered
255 Posts
had u mentioned it was an SVTF to begin with, naz wouldn't be all over you like a rabid dog out of hell. as for the 196 hp, that is a cold number if u ask me. take it the dyno to be sure cuz them g-tech thingies can produce some fuzzy numbers at times.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea the weight is right thats what the the vgw sticker says. the svt fully loaded is heavy. like i said in my last post the 196 is probly wrongbut i am going to get dynoed just to make sure.
daniel

1 - 11 of 11 Posts