·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys heres the kit:

JRSC kit w/2.6 pulley
Turbo Toms MIC kit for fuel managment
Snow performance stage II Computer Controlled Water/Methanol Injection kit

The injection kit consists of a dual quart reseviors with level indicators that mount to the guage pod, a 100 PSI pump, Computer controlled injection, measure heat and boost for injection and has settings for low and high boost applications to prevent any over injection on low boost.

The supercharger is getting ASP 2.6 pulley, I am having the manifold ported and polihed as well as the TB adapter ported and polished to match the 65MM FC TB. Eventually going to a 2.3/5.9 pulley set.

Toms fuel managment is 70MM Maf calibrated to the 42LB injectors adn Autologic 4 bank chip, with early fan activation, speed limiter delete and timing reductions. I am alo running a lower thrmostat and cooler plugs.

For air induction I am running the Volant box for now and going to be adding the Ram Air hood for the box, or using the old cool-flo have not decided yet.

Let me know if you guys have suggestions to help me pre-determine any short commings I may be overlooking, Thanks

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i JUST WANTED TO CLEAR ONE THING UP, THE DUAL RESEVIOR MOUNTS IN THE REAR HATCH, AND THE PUMP IS BEING MOuNTED IN THE sPARE TIRE WELL. tHE LIGHTS THAT INDICATE FLOW AND RESEVIOR CAPACITY WILL BE MOUNTED INTO THE SINGLE GUAGE POD WITH THE BOOST GUAGE. Sorry for the caps, The A/F guage is gettin mounted into the dash next to the steering wheel.

I really do not know how much porting and polishing ths cast on the JRSC manifold will help, but the stock cast job is hellish! I figure smoothing it out can not hurt. I wanted to have it extrude honed, But I can not find anyone around my area that will do this.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Are you the guy that bought Kevin's (Toole) old stuff?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes why? I hope thats not a bad thing? is it? I purchased a bunch of stuff already from JR new Bypass valve, all gaskets, screws and bolts and brackets and stuff. Please elaborate.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
No, not bad at all. I was just curious. Don't get all freaked out and stuff
I replied to your e-mail.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks eggyolk, Kevins a really cool guy and was really helpful with everything he did not seem like a person that would have mislead me and he really helped me out in the purchase price as well

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Sounds like a plan!! It's great that you are doing these things right up front instead of adding one upgrade at a tim, as I have done with my JRSC. I would suggest that you might not want to go with the 2.3 and the 5.9-it will probably overdrive the blower and put you at the point where the extra "boost" just won't get you any where that a 2.3 blower pulley alone, along with the water injection and good fuel management you have won't take you. The HP results that Dan-d got with his pulley are very close to what Matt got with his 2.3/5.9 combo and i expect that my 2.3 JRSC will be at least that good when I get it dyno tested, hopefully this week. What do you have for exhaust? My engine really woke up when I put the FC 4-2-1 header on. It runs so good, I won't mind having to install the cat to gewt through inspection.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for responding Nordy! Thats great info, your right about the 2.3/5.9 been thinking about that. Where can i get the 2.3, from ASP, I think I will go with that right away being that I have the MIC kit to support it and the Water injection kit! Please get back to me, thanks

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
ASP is the place for pullies. The only problem is that they apparently fabricate each one individually and it can take a month to get your new pulley. The first time I changed the pulley, I removed the blower entirely, including the fuel rail and injectors. The last time I changed the pulley I was able to get away with removing the four bolts securing the blower to the manifold, then loosening the front bracket, and the blower could then slide back just enough for the pulley to clear sheet metal. Not a huge job, but you still have to get under the car. If you haven't installed your S/C yet, you might want to consider waiting until you can get the smaller pulley so you don't have to go to the trouble of changing it out later.

·
Registered
744 Posts
so what kinda hp / tq (at the wheels) would something like a JRSC and every possible bolt on w/ a 2.3/5.9 pulley set and MIC net? (basically the same thing he's gonna have without the methonal injection

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I think you are looking at 175/150 max, maybe. Thats about what Matt got with his setup. I got 169/140 without race headers and with my old 2.6" pulley. I am hoping for 180/155 with this equipment plus water injection.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I hope to get anything above 175 that would be great. Well i got the 2.3 ASP pulley on order! anyone need a 2.6 brand new never used $50. By the way I also got my cleaned and polished port JRSC manifold and TB adapter back, AWESOME!!
I do not expect much, but looks so much better in the port area then the stock casting did smoothe as glass. Also the TB adapter matches the FC 65MM tb perfectly and is also polished for flow.

Install will be in about 2-3 weeks after i figure out all the Water injection wiring and stuff, look foward to posting some good numbers.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I didn't polish my JRSC intake manifold but I did match it to the 65MM TB with a grinding stone on my drill. Who did your polishing job and how much was it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts