Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a chance to dyno one of our prototype intake manifolds today. All I can say is

I have 3 dyno sheets.
1) Ported 2001 intake.
2) Same manifold, but tuned cam gears.
3) Same cam settings but with prototype FC intake manifold.

[ 11-10-2002, 02:02 AM: Message edited by: nader6972 ]

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
another one at 190whp+ , daily driven, streetfocus, damn, thats like honda vtec ****, but more power and torque, just keeps goin up and up and up, gotta love it, who woulda thought we would have a focus dyno graph to look like that without opening up the engine

take it a bit higher in the revs nader and hit 200whp...thats insane man

so we are goin to the nationals next weekend for sure, bring the slicks, were gonnna put the yellow bird in the 13's

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
one word

Damn! what is something like that gonna run? $

The gain in HP is well worth the 10lbs/ft tq it lost..wooo weee that baby must scream up high!!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It will scream even more with the addition of 4.06 gears and a large tube header.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Originally posted by nader6972:
It will scream even more with the addition of 4.06 gears and a large tube header.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">question? I saw you stacked this up against a 2001 intake manifold...did you get a chance to match it with the early 2000 version?thanks! and awsome work!

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
200whp is only a 4-1 thicker header away

and this package you can actually buy

nader, you better get it ready for next week man, i want a crack at it, give dennis a run for his money...little friendy competition, i do weigh 400lb less than you...

Shouldnt be a reason why it cant go high 13's with slicks man...its gonna be great

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by nader6972:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">question? I saw you stacked this up against a 2001 intake manifold...did you get a chance to match it with the early 2000 version?thanks! and awsome work!
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">we have been porting manifolds for almost a year now. A 2000 model intake will give you a bit more power but at the same RPM. We just bypassed this step and went straight to the new manifold.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FC race header w/ flexpipe
Crower stage 3 cams
Crower Springs/Ti Retainers
FC stage 2 head, milled .045"
SI stainless steel oversized valves
20lb injectors
20lb Pro-M air meter
Borla Catback
FC 65mm TB
FC prototype intake manifold
FC cold air intake
FC cam sprockets
FC 3-piece pulley kit
Stock shortblock
stock plugs, wires and coil.

We will be playing around with some Crower Stage 4 cams in the near future.

Without the diablo chip we only lost one horsewpower. It is a custom chip with timing added only and the rev and speed limiter removed(considering I can hit the speed limiter in 3rd gear
).

This dyno was done with 59 degree weather and 75% humidity (it was pouring outside.)

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Good job. If this had been accomplished a year ago I may have gone NA instead of turbo.

One thing, what grade of fuel are you using?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'd take Curve #2 please. It appears to be a much better package for a street-driven Focus. It would rip #3 in a stop-light grand prix.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Bantha Fodder:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Welding Rod:
Good job. If this had been accomplished a year ago I may have gone NA instead of turbo.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Wouldn't this be a good addition to a turbocharged engine, though? The loss of torque due to the short runners can be made up for by the torque increase that the turbo gives you. I've always read that turbo engines like short intake runners.

I'm still waiting to hear if this manifold is a drop-in replacement with all the fittings for the vacuum signal, etc... Nader? Don't make me call you.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It has all the vacuum hookups but is lacking the IAC hookup as it is a prototype version. It is a pretty straight forward install with no modification necessary.

It is running 91 octane.

We should be able to pick up some torque with some more timing.

With a roll on at 4000ft this car will break traction in first gear. I can't imagine how it will be with gears and lower altitude.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No price yet. It will all depend on the material we use. We are looking into making a cast manifold.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We took it to 8300rpm a few times but that was by mistake. Oops.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Originally posted by nader6972:
It has all the vacuum hookups but is lacking the IAC hookup as it is a prototype version. It is a pretty straight forward install with no modification necessary.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sweet. So am I correct in assuming the IAC hookup will be present in the production piece?

One other thing: how much closer to the firewall does this manifold sit compared to the stock one? My turbo's compressor outlet pipe runs up between the firewall and the engine.

·
Banned
1,936 Posts
what did you Dyno before you did anything to it? that's gotta be alot of gain you have gotten from the begging. nice

1 - 20 of 29 Posts