Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thing rules. I bought it from newedgeperformence.com. Since when did they change the color from teal to dark grey? Looks pretty nice. It really tightens up the rear end, it feels more responsive, more balanced. I'd like to do some more driving with it and test it out at the autoX coming up in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
I'm wondering if it's visible from the rear of the car, like, if you were in another car, behind yours, could you see it at a light?

My friend just got a Mazdaspeed Protege and it has a red Racing Beat anti-sway bar on it. It looks so badass.

If I can find a bar that you can see, I'm gonna get it powdercoated red.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
This thing rules. I bought it from newedgeperformence.com. Since when did they change the color from teal to dark grey? Looks pretty nice. It really tightens up the rear end, it feels more responsive, more balanced. I'd like to do some more driving with it and test it out at the autoX coming up in 2 weeks.
That's the first i've heard of it not being that horrid color. Maybe they decided to change it because people hated it...good call progress.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I'm wondering if it's visible from the rear of the car, like, if you were in another car, behind yours, could you see it at a light?

My friend just got a Mazdaspeed Protege and it has a red Racing Beat anti-sway bar on it. It looks so badass.

WTF are you talking about??
Go outside and look under the back of your Focus.
See the bar?
Pick a Color.
None of the bars are "More Visible" than any others.
They vary in thickness, and different manufacturers paint them differently, or you can paint it yourself.
There are no "Shape Differences" which would make one more visible than another.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

WTF are you talking about??
Go outside and look under the back of your Focus.
See the bar?
Pick a Color.
None of the bars are "More Visible" than any others.
They vary in thickness, and different manufactureres paint them differently, or you can paint it yourself.
There are no "Shape Differences" which would make one more visible than another.
Was that really necessary?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Sorry if that came off wrong.

I apologize.
Seriously though...
Look under the rear of Your Focus.
If you can see the bar w/ whatever springs or bodykit you may or may not have, you'll be able to see any aftermarket bars equally, aside from color.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
It's all good man.

I see what you mean now, after looking. There's not to much play in how the bar can be designed.

Not much of it is visible it seems. I know, I know, it doesn't matter how it looks if it works well. It would be cool if it looked great and worked well too though. I'm usually more of a purpose before looks person, my friend's Protege is messing with my head though.

http://www.geocities.com/olderenglish/car1.txt

I'll probably just get the Progress one, from Tony D, of course.

·
Registered
181 Posts
That's the first i've heard of it not being that horrid color. Maybe they decided to change it because people hated it...good call progress.
I was all set to paint mine before I installed it. But after seeing the swaybar was greyish, and not that blue/ green nastiness, I just slapped that badboy on
Car feels much tighter now in corners. Definitely worth the price.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
It's all good man.

I see what you mean now, after looking. There's not to much play in how the bar can be designed.

Not much of it is visible it seems. I know, I know, it doesn't matter how it looks if it works well. It would be cool if it looked great and worked well too though. I'm usually more of a purpose before looks person, my friend's Protege is messing with my head though.

http://www.geocities.com/olderenglish/car1.txt

I'll probably just get the Progress one, from Tony D, of course.

All Good, Man.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Upgrading your stock anti-roll bar on your focus is one of those must have mods. There is nothing like a mod that puts a smile on your face when you drive it the first time. Two

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
I was all set to paint mine before I installed it. But after seeing the swaybar was greyish, and not that blue/ green nastiness, I just slapped that badboy on
Car feels much tighter now in corners. Definitely worth the price.
Awesome. Mine was the horrid teal color, and I had it powder-coated a nice metallic grey, to match my springs. Glad they changed the color finally.

Now if KW (I think) will do something about their Barney springs and shocks.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I just got one last week, and man, was that a nice surprise! I really didn't want the nasty color, but couldn't argue with the price...needless to say, seeing it was grey really put a
on my face.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah man, threads like this are the ones that get people to buy fine quality parts to upgrade their foci. It's what convinced me!

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
hey can i do this mod if i have no other suspension mods? i suck at teh suspension knowledge but want cheap ways to improve my handling.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts