Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Picked this up last night. spent the morning / early afternoon working on her... got new taillights (no nothing fancy, just ones that work), primered a few pieces, and took those stickers off the truck.

finally something to carry stuff. like wood. or stone. or a fridgerator. or whatever.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not your car. YOU.

not really a "toy" by definition either.

Rides like a truck.
Handles like a truck.
Goes real fast (sarcasm) like a truck.
but i like it.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Reminds me of my old blckfoot rc truck!

Pretty clean looking for an older truck.

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts
awww man, forget a ride in the focus... I wanna ride in the truck! FORD TUFF BABY!

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Nice truck!

Is that a focus antenna on it?

hmmm....

wait a minute....an old ford truck with no whip antenna....something looks a little fishy...

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
not your car. YOU.
AHHH I dont think i really put out a whole lot of torque...maybe though...i'm about 1.2HP so...

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hahahah!! yeah. sorry. I didn't mean to say ya'll didn't have the torque...

I was just surprised at how easily it spins tire (as in, you have to try to not spin).

Spent 6 hours (yes, 6) today cleaning the truck.

Wash. Dry. Sap remover. Prewax clean. Glaze. Glaze again on hood and roof. Wax. Wax again around fenders.
Windows, Rain X. Paint rear bumper black with rubberized paint. Shine tires. Clean and UV protect interior.

Result...

Also got my 1337 targa tape deck (that's right, the audiophile himself has a freaking tape deck when he owns no tapes) workign... and both 1337 speakers working too.

Booya!

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice truck!

Is that a focus antenna on it?

hmmm....

wait a minute....an old ford truck with no whip antenna....something looks a little fishy...
Actually, it's the stock antenna. I would try to put a focus antenna on it... but it doesn't mount the same. I really cant stand the fender location.. makes cleaning the windshield a bitch!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
*******!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Flareside! Cool.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Gee, wonder why it spins the tires? Could it be the lack of weight over the rear wheels?

Just poking fun.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Or the 350ft lbs?

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Or the 30% drivetrain loss?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Put on a custom cat back exhaust today.

Perforated Glass packed muffler, to a dump in front of the rear wheel, with a small slant cut stainless tip. All painted black (except the tip).

Booya.

I wish the focus exhaust was this easy.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts