Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Turning my 1.8T A4 in on wednesday for this:

*Note - This is the S4 in Arctic White, just for color reference.

-Premium Package
-Cold Weather Package
-Sunroof Package

I wanted something different, so I decided to go with Arctic White. If I don't like it...oh well...I switch cars enough anyways...no worries

I will post some pix wednesday afternoon. Cheers,

Ollie

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Hey what part of Audi do you work for? Friend of mine just went to Ingolstadt from Porsche. Getting the new RS4 as a company car.

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
I got a ride around Pacific Raceways in a 4-Door 2.0T GTI yesterday.
I didn't get to drive but was sitting in the NA-Spec driver's seat since it was RHD.
The demo/factory driver was certainly pushing the car (even with 4 of us in it it pulled and handled very nicely). We were a couple inches off the bumper of the demo Mk. V GLI until we blew by them.
I'm going to have to start looking into the Mk. V GTI now I think.

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a ride around Pacific Raceways in a 4-Door 2.0T GTI yesterday.
I didn't get to drive but was sitting in the NA-Spec driver's seat since it was RHD.
The demo/factory driver was certainly pushing the car (even with 4 of us in it it pulled and handled very nicely). We were a couple inches off the bumper of the demo Mk. V GLI until we blew by them.
I'm going to have to start looking into the Mk. V GTI now I think.
awesome...glad you liked it. already saw 2 GTI in white (DSG and Manual) and 1 GLI...pretty nice...

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Believe it or not, my dad is looking at a 2006 A4 2.0T to replace his 2000 GS300.

I think it's a great looking car.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
I really need to apply at Audi. Do they do any design at their tech center in Auburn Hills?

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
You gonna gut your Focus or trade it? Just curious.
Since we're realisticially talking about a year or two out I think my Focus will probably be worth less than it is now (is that possible?
). Combine that with mods that aren't easily removable and resellable... Might as well keep it and gut it.
I've been contemplating looking for something cheap to do this with, but why re-invent the wheel?

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
I test drove and RS6, but I don't don't see spending that much money on the car. Fast, but not really that fast....
-bix

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
I test drove and RS6, but I don't don't see spending that much money on the car. Fast, but not really that fast....
-bix
What track did you drive it at? How long did you drive it? I klnow a few people that have driven a RS6 and said that it is plenty fast. From you sig you have some QUICK cars but nothing FAST. There is a difference. Sorry but I don't see your Mustang humping down the Autobahn at 90% throttle for more than an hour and staying together. Plus I don't think you Mustang would hold a candle to the Audi in the curves or in braking. Your Mustang is not setup for the autobahns and the Audi is not setup for 1/4 mile. This is like comparing apples and oranges.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
The mustang has a full Griggs suspension (not drag race) including Pan bar, brakes et. al. The car put DOWN 560 hp, not 4XXish hp, there is a hundred hp difference at the tires and a VERY big torque difference. I have run the silver state classic in Nevada in the 130mph class for 90 miles to and from. The car did fine with the wimpy 3.08 rear highway gears, and in the high speed trap, my lowly mustang put down 168mph (rpm limited to 6000 in 5th gear). Not too bad.

I would agree that it is not an all wheel drive corner carver, but your comments show just how little you know other peoples cars. My car uses just a huge amount of hp to blast down the highway. If you knew anything about the quarter mile you'd see that the [email protected] shows that the car has enough hp to make it to the low 10's, but the STREET suspension is hurting it very much.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
The mustang has a full Griggs suspension (not drag race) including Pan bar, brakes et. al. The car put DOWN 560 hp, not 4XXish hp, there is a hundred hp difference at the tires and a VERY big torque difference. I have run the silver state classic in Nevada in the 130mph class for 90 miles to and from. The car did fine with the wimpy 3.08 rear highway gears, and in the high speed trap, my lowly mustang put down 168mph (rpm limited to 6000 in 5th gear). Not too bad.
Badass.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts

I would agree that it is not an all wheel drive corner carver, but your comments show just how little you know other peoples cars. My car uses just a huge amount of hp to blast down the highway. If you knew anything about the quarter mile you'd see that the [email protected] shows that the car has enough hp to make it to the low 10's, but the STREET suspension is hurting it very much.
I do know a little about drag racing, I am a EVENT ORGANIZER for www.1on-1motorsports.de I also know that a 1/4 mile car even well built will not stand up to sustained high speed driving. 130mph sustained is not driving fast, well maybe in the US. 170mph is high speed driving. 90 miles is not a long distance. No don't take this the wrong way but I am all for the ORC and its events, wish there were more of them. If all you can do with you 500+hp mustange is the 130mph class then I think you need to go back to the drawing board. I ahve a friends with a daily driver 99 Camaro SS that runs 9min sub 20sec runs on the Ring with 380hp. The car cruises across Germany and I mean ACROSS Germany at 160mph like it is nothing. It is not a drag car. The only car I have seen here that drags and drives the autobahn here is Bruce's 93-94 Pontiac Firehawk putting down 500+hp and running 11.2's NA. This car gets dragged all the time and has gone through 3 motors already. As for the Nevada ORC I am sure an RS6 can run in the 160mph or higher class in that event. If you don't think so then I will have to tell Audi that they have a challenge to meet in Nevada next year.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts