Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my latest project car. It belonged to a good friend of mine, and obviously he wrecked it. He picked up a new 05 ZX3 so I bought this one fairly cheap. I'll have more pics of it as I go along, but wont get started on it until after I get back from jetfest.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
yeh i think the wreck actually improved the looks

·
Registered
239 Posts
Is there any frame damage, or is it just panels? looks like a great project car, keep us updated.
~Randy

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
I bet the rims are on there so they can roll it on the trailer, I doubt they were used daily. Youd rub if you ran over anything.
look at how the car was put together...do u really think they cared about rubbing?>

·
Registered
431 Posts
I bet the rims are on there so they can roll it on the trailer, I doubt they were used daily. Youd rub if you ran over anything.
I agree with this. And that looks like a Bosal exhaust, far from a "fart can." The taillights are missing, he probably yanked them off to sell them if they were aftermarket along with the rims. This car was put back together as best it could be to get wherever it was going. It probably looked pretty nice before the accident. Sometimes you guys make me wonder.

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
I LOVE the old Mustang GT wheels...you should keep them on there
Good luck, thats a serious project you got there...I hope you didnt pay much for it. have fun

·
Registered
837 Posts
It actually doesnt look that bad. Obviously there might be more to it than the pictures percieve but from I say you have the golden oppurunity to make this car great.

Hopefully there isnt that much frame damage. I think maybe the impact bar behind the bumper might be damaged, but a little welding could fix that.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes yes I know, he kept his 17'' wheels and his euro tails. The only thing I had laying around to bolt on was the turbine mustang wheels...hey it served the purpose.
There is some inner structure damage but I will be pulling it and fixing it all like new. Already put a right front control are and strut on it and put the CV joint back together (the boot is tore but I just put it back togeather so I can move the car) so I can drive it off the trailor. Got the front torn down to nothing, should get it on the frame maching this week, if not it will be after I get back from jetfest. I already got a set of steel 15''wheels and hub caps off his new '05 to put on it, not ideal but again for the time being will fit the bill. I will have more pics as I progress with the project.

Scott

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with this. And that looks like a Bosal exhaust, far from a "fart can." The taillights are missing, he probably yanked them off to sell them if they were aftermarket along with the rims. This car was put back together as best it could be to get wherever it was going. It probably looked pretty nice before the accident. Sometimes you guys make me wonder.

EXACTLY! The car looked decent before the wreck. I didn't care for the hood scoop myself but other then that the car was nice looking. And yes, the car was just put together to be moved, wasn't going for looks.

Scott

·
Registered
924 Posts
nice keep us updated..i cant wait

·
Stoned Scorpion says, "GET OVER H.....OOhhh! Brown
11,972 Posts
lol!! good luck. wow the 80's strike back with the DMC DeLorean rear rims LMAO!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts