Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i love having spare engines to play with.

Here is my setup for no Power steering and no A/C

I fabed a bracket to go where the P/S goes and put a groved idler pulley on it. with the stock beft from ford for a No A/C zetec motor.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Re: My no A/C or P/S Setup (pics)

He would just leave the engine out if he could
!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts

i love having spare engines to play with.

Here is my setup for no Power steering and no A/C

I fabed a bracket to go where the P/S goes and put a groved idler pulley on it. with the stock beft from ford for a No A/C zetec motor.

Really cool, looks like its coming along nicely.
However the thought of no P/S send shivers down my spine. I had a Golf without P/S and that was murder, never again!!

PS: what is the stuff that looks cat vomit on the cylinder?

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

well removing the a/c nets 3 whp and 30lbs of weight and P/S nets 8whp and 20 lbs of weight. the car should be at 2120lbs.

that vomit you call is the top of the block, where the head was i just never cleaned it up. this is a spare engine as well. I just mocked everything up on it so i can just swap it on to the engine in the car.

OH and i had my p/s line brake once, so i went 2 months with out it. wasnt so bad, plus it creates muscles.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts

nice work!

·
Registered
482 Posts

Creates muscles!
Gain serious horsepower and save on not having to pay for an athletic club!!! I love it!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts

when he's done w/it...he can always put a piece of wood and then a coffe table cloth on it for when guests are over. i used to use that 1 as a cup holder, just make sure you double check that there's a piston in the cylinder to hold your drink up.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,184 Posts

Creates muscles!
Gain serious horsepower and save on not having to pay for an athletic club!!! I love it!
try driving my 1989 toyota pickup. thats a workout and a sauna(sp). 1st no p/s and black truck, dark vynal seats, no ac. boy oh boy its a tuff day driving that old truck. lol

·
Registered
321 Posts

I'm with ya Drew. I have a 92 Toyota pickup with no power steering or AC. Hehe, it takes technique to try to turn sharp at lower speeds and shift (its also a 5spd.) I'm originally from northeast Ohio, so the no AC wasn't a big deal, but now that I've moved to Texas, stop and go traffic on 100+ degree days kinda stinks.

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts

Creates muscles!
try driving my 1989 toyota pickup. thats a workout and a sauna(sp). 1st no p/s and black truck, dark vynal seats, no ac. boy oh boy its a tuff day driving that old truck. lol
My '66 Mustang was like that, except it was red on the outside. However, it had the regular sized steering wheel, as opposed to the space-saver wheel new cars come with.

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

oops powersupply in my server died, be back up tonight.

like i said i drove the car with no P/S ofr two months last year. it wasnt a problem.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts

keep in mind... that power steering really makes the most difference at really slow speeds... auto-x would be bad... track better!

Although I do remember someones power steering failing in a WRC event and it completely killing them... their chest and arms were killing them by the end of the stage.

·
Registered
361 Posts

Looks good. Nice bracketry work.

As long as you dont have massive wheels/tires and cap off the power steering rack or get a manual steering rack you should be fine..

·
Registered
2,538 Posts

i dont have a scematic of the internal plumbing of the steering rack but you might wanna look at making a run-a-round hose to connect the pressure to the return ports so it doesnt hydrolock, if there isnt sometype of internal bypass.

·
Registered
659 Posts

hey chris

What is that pulley off of.

Cory

1 - 20 of 20 Posts