Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If there was any doubt before, its official: The new Z06 is going to be the performance buy of the century. 7:43 at the Ring fully stock down to the tire. Despite what the post will say this is NOT some kind of S/C test mule.

http://forums.streetfire.net/showthread.php?p=4553#post4553

[Team America] America... [censored] Ya! [/Team America]

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
"Kan korto og slog dermed Porsche 911 GT3 RS med .1 sekunder."
No way!?!?! .1 Sekunder! Slog dermed!!! Slog dermed indeed!

Alright, well the Ford GT and new Z06 are officially the one two punchout! Wooot!

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
that's awesome how it's catchin' air in those two pics lol...

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
Is that the gas lid right next to the door handle?
Yes I do believe it is.

Great to see the ZO6 Vette kick some butt!!!

·
Registered
275 Posts
"Kan korto og slog dermed Porsche 911 GT3 RS med .1 sekunder."
No way!?!?! .1 Sekunder! Slog dermed!!! Slog dermed indeed!

Alright, well the Ford GT and new Z06 are officially the one two punchout! Wooot!
This won't last long Euro Basher.
Enjoy it while you can. Porsche uber alles! On a side note, that is a monster of a vette.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Bastard, you made me bust out photoshop and turn on the ruler/grid to check.
He's actually not as short as he looks. He's semi-sitting on the Z06 (butthead) and the roofline is on it is just at 4'.

One thing is for sure is that he has some gigantic balls though. I can't even begin to imagine how fast that Vette must have been going when it went completely airborn like that!
I pee my pants going that fast in GT4!
This won't last long Euro Basher.
All we need now is a REAL update to the Viper and Team America will be in full force... [censored] yeah!

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
B
All we need now is a REAL update to the Viper and Team America will be in full force... [censored] yeah!
we'll still be like 20 cool cars short of what europe has...

M3, M5, Ferraris, GT2, GT3, GT3rs, SLR, AMGs, Exige, Lambo's, Konesisegisgndndgns (sp?), Pagani.......

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Ducman69,

Please buy me a new zo6. please.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
B

M3, M5, Ferraris, GT2, GT3, GT3rs, SLR, AMGs, Exige, Lambo's, Konesisegisgndndgns (sp?), Pagani.......
True, but you can buy 20 z06s for the cost of just a couple of those.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
And regarding the M3/5 at least, sure they are teh sechs, but by no stretch of the imagination are they competitors with purpose-built supercars like the Ford GT and new Z06. More like hot-rodded luxo-cars. I'm more worried about the Japanese manf's new supercars, but it looks like they're going to be late to the party.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I'm gonna go play GT4 or PGR2 and see if I can even run close to that time in a video game...very impressive in real life.

Like was said before, that guy has some serious balls!

·
Wanna touch my tots?
6,805 Posts
B

not the same classes man.

what? are we gonna compare a bently to a 300 now? you assbutt

hey, is this the 600HP z06? cuz that's SICK!

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Supposedly completely stock 505hp aaaand street tires... but the Z06 is all a bunch of aluminum, magnesium, and carbon fiber now and even though its 7.0 liters displacement, the engine is no bigger than an LS2 and slightly lighter (bastages heeheh).

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Now i am just waitin for a kickass driver like that fella to run a ford gt around the ring

·
Formerly focus_wrc
7,422 Posts
B

not the same classes man.

what? are we gonna compare a bently to a 300 now? you assbutt

hey, is this the 600HP z06? cuz that's SICK!
The NSX-R did it in 7:57 with only 290hp 230 ft-lb i bet the corvette is fast in straights but not as fast in the truns as GT3 RS.

·
Banned
10,374 Posts
Because they spent a lot of time and money on scraping off every gram of weight instead (they got the NSX down to 2800lbs if I recall). No matter how you slice it, thats still considerably slower regardless of the excuse. Now the next gen rumors sound promising as it doesn't appear they are going to voluntarily restrict their output anymore (nice healthy V10 baby) and it can finally get an updated chassis. *nods*

And regarding straight line vs cornering or what not... cmon... if you can get a really fast time on a twisty curvy elevation changing mixed up brutal track like the Ring of all places, you're car is freakin well rounded. Period!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts