Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Service Director is the New DP Pro-Solo Nat\'nl

CHAMPION!!!!!
John Brown apparently had a Great day in Topeka, and is a Contender for the Solo II Championship.
I'm Proud.
Most of you have read my posts about him. He's also my Diablo-Dealer, gives me NO Warranty Hassles, and has been a Helpful Instructor.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Re: My Service Director is the New DP Pro-Solo Nat\'nl

Congrats to your buddy... but someone should know about posting oversize images....

·
Registered
387 Posts

MXi,
Wow, your guy won with a Gen 1 MR2! I used to run one of those in CSP, where they all got clobbered by Gen 1 CRX/Civics and old RX3's at Nationals (I never ran Nationals). I think the MR2 was in FP back then, so some resturcturing must have been done. Excellent!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Sorry about the pic size.
Honestly, I have no idea how to fix it.
That's hosted by our local SCCA site, and I simply linked to it.

·
Registered
11,123 Posts

Cool, so did he ever solve that theoretical hp problem?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I don't know the final results of the battle. He DID really appreciate all of the info that our thread provided, and said "Thanks" to everyone.

·
Registered
485 Posts

Sorry about the pic size.
Honestly, I have no idea how to fix it.
That's hosted by our local SCCA site, and I simply linked to it.
You could at least post a *56k warning* notice in the thread title, this is mentioned somewhere in the Focaljet rules.

A Ford dealer service director racing a Toyota! What's that say about Ford and their ability to produce sports cars
Sounds like a cool service director, now you just have to convince him to run a Focus......

·
Registered
11,123 Posts

Heh, I find the best engineers in Ford don't drive Ford's. Focus excepted.

No really... I know lots of guys who race Hondas or VWs, and own a Focus as a daily driver.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

A Ford dealer service director racing a Toyota! What's that say about Ford and their ability to produce sports cars
Sounds like a cool service director, now you just have to convince him to run a Focus......
If he were to run a Focus, it would have to be a SUPER-Modified Phase-X conversion. That car is so light, w/ 50/50 balance, that it's just incredible.
He prefers RWD, though he can also hold his own w/ FWD.
He's pondered running my car at a rain event, but it cleared up enough for him to get power down w/ the Hoosiers, so he ran his own car.
Locally, we run a Pro class where all declared Pros compete based on PAX, so, even in my car he'd have qualified for any Season Points. You may also remember that I posted that John won the short-lived P.R.O. Challenge. In that he drove a local guy's CSP Miata.
He's offered to let me drive the MR2 during Fun-Runs when opportunity allows, but I'm a little skittish about pushing it too hard when I get the chance.
It's Wicked Quick, and things happen in a real hurry. Being out of practice w/ RWD, this car is a little Intimidating, but I intend to get back into driving a little of each in the future, especially if I'm going to do this "Pinto Project" that I've posted about.
This MR2 is like a cross between a Go-Kart and an F1 car w/ a body on it. NO Lean at all, and it SCREAMS on the "Twitchy Edge".
BTW, the Title is already too long to add a 56K Warning!!

Sorry guys, it's just ONE big pic...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts