Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have had my svtf for like two weeks. sometimes when i shift in to second that stupid pin pops out and i loose all my gears has anybody else had this prob. i know how to fix it but its getting annyoing anybody ghetto rigs this or did ford fixs this please help.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
never heard of the problem...take it in. Why ghetto rig when it is under warranty.

·
Registered
375 Posts
ok i have had my svtf for like two weeks. sometimes when i shift in to second that stupid pin pops out and i loose all my gears has anybody else had this prob. i know how to fix it but its getting annyoing anybody ghetto rigs this or did ford fixs this please help.
If the shifter cable is coming loose from the back of the transmission, take it to Ford. Make sure they order a *NEW* cable and have it installed. Ford doesn't say anything is different with the new cable, but it fixes the problem. I had this problem when I first got my SVT. Only had it half an hour before I thought I blew the transmission.... Turns out it was fixed by replacing the shifter cable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts