Ford Focus Forum banner

My Slow build of my SVT

60K views 283 replies 42 participants last post by  Whiskerz 
#1 ·
So this all started back in October 2012 when I traded in my 98 Jetta GL for this SVT

I got lucky and found her with less than 60k miles on it! :bow:

First mod was a K&N drop in panel filter to replace the crappy OEM one.

Next thing taken care of was the brakes... replaced all 4 corners with Centric Rotors and Hawk HPS Pads.

Now for a mod that kinda splits opinions...

Next up was to replace a worn part... so instead of replacing I upgraded

Now at this point I decided to test the limits of the car (and my driving) by going to an auto-x

Just after that I decided it was time for a good service

Thank god I did it! The plugs were well passed their best!

Honestly at this point nothing really happened for a while until this

So got the tyres swapped over from my standard wheels and this was the result

Just recently I decided to clean up the calipers a bit with a lick of paint

And this was meant to be the end point until late in the year but well with it being a Ford something had to break... A strut decided it was time to die so few messages among NorCal sorted me out with some replacements....

And that brings you up to the current day :evilgrin:

Massive thanks along the way go to Chris (Norcalfocus01), Rick (lolibater, he hooked me up with the struts), Ryan (lowlifestyle), Jesse and basically all the NorCal folks for accepting me and making FJ the place to be

See less See more
#2 ·
VERY nice looking Dynamics... I'm liking those more and more...

Is your suspension still all stock, or do you have any suspension components?

I just picked up my second SVT this year... this time I found an EAP with 60k on it as well... I'm looking at doing some "minor" adjustments to it... You have a great start there, keep it up!

#5 ·
Why are half the pictures in this thread at my house? :troll:

I got that particle board sitting here. I think we should try out that idea we had.

#7 ·
Honestly at this point nothing really happened for a while until this

So got the tyres swapped over from my standard wheels and this was the result
Well I'm glad it was a fellow enthusiast that won that auction. I put in that last bid and I was planning to go higher, I just didn't get home before it ended. I ended up winning a white set a few days later. The gold looks way better on your black car that it would on my silver one.

#10 ·
Okay so the long awaited update; Part 1

I picked up a debadged grill while I was back home in Scotland and this is the result

I did have to hacksaw some stuff to make it fit, part of the lock stuff behind the grill needed cut back and then had to cut and bend part of the top of the grill for the catch handle.

and some more photo whoring :p

Oh and this happened the other day :(

She is getting old!!

#12 ·
I dunno seems to fit damn well to me anyway... Fits with a even gap all along the bonnet shut line and fits fine at the lights and sits fine with the bumper too...

Only part that doesn't fit was at the bonnet latch with the grill being for EDM

My dent in the front bumper makes it look worse than it is

#13 ·
This is a really beautiful car that deserves a genuine Hofele or a euro OEM grille (I'm partial to the 'small' diamond patterned one). :thumbup:

#16 ·
Car looks great.

I didn't see you mention your timing assebmly. With only 60k miles, I'd bet it's still original. You should make sure it's fresh asap.

#18 ·
So I went down to FBF with the NorCal crew :cool: here are some pictures from it..

This one is on our way down to Santa Barbara, we stopped off in San Luis Obisbo

Couple pics from the show

This one shows the custom parcel shelf me and Chris (NorCalfocus01) made

My new plate surround I picked up at the show

and finally a rolling shot on the way home (thanks to Nick and Frush for this one)

#21 · (Edited)
Well I ended up getting ST suspension coilovers, they were installed last night with the help of Chris (Norcalfocus01)

No pictures as yet, will wash the car tomorrow before I post pictures...

Next on the big project side of things is saving for a tune, then I can install the HFC I've got sitting waiting now! The car is slowly coming together how I'd like it!

#23 ·
Well when I got the coilovers I made a deal with Chris, swapped the Tein springs for a high flow cat.

Said high flow cat is now fitted on the car :D so far I love the sound, more grunt at the low end :) I'm happy with it!

And there very well may be a BIG!!!! Update soon too ;-) so stay tuned until next time

Eat. Sleep. Rave. Repeat. :lol: :lol:

#24 ·
So it's big update time (sort of)

I had a road trip from San Jose to Azusa and back in one day to pick this bad boy up!

I have a small repair to do before it gets painted but it ain't too bad.

Still I can't wait to have it painted and on the car :D

#27 ·
Right on, glad to see it's going onto another deserving car ;)
Yah, Felix is good people; sucks about his car -- it was (is?) one of the cleanest.
Looking forward to seeing it on your car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.