Ford Focus Forum banner

My slow progress on my own intake

1K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Egz 
#1 ·
Who needs silicone couplers when you have duct tape?

This was prototype fitting. My initial measurements were off, thank goodness for the bigger, so I had to trim everything down.

Next, take the parts off to the race shop for some welding. Ugh, I wish I had more time. Gotta goto NJ again tomorrow.

See less See more
#5 ·
Okay, the couplers are here. Glad I found them for a good price. Most sites wanted 25-50 bucks each, and there were only 7 bucks each.

The filter should be here tomorrow, then I can do the final fitments, and get the stuff welded.

EDIT: Its here! And beefy! (still wished I could get a bigger one, but according to my measurments, it should just fit.

#8 ·
Looks better than the Strongtower intake.

Hopefully when you fire it up you won't bend any valves.

Boy, I'm just full of them today.

Good luck with it and keep us posted. Maybe when you're done you can supply the kit for the other homegrown mod fans among us.

>8^)
ER

#9 ·

Good luck with it and keep us posted. Maybe when you're done you can supply the kit for the other homegrown mod fans among us.

>8^)
ER
Cheap shot
OUCH! It's ok...football is going my way...you cant ruin my day!
HA! I rhymed...ok...enough drinkin, enough fun. Time for bed.

#10 ·
Seems like it would be a lot easier to just buy the Marcy Motorsport intake and be done with it.
I agree...it can be fun (if your into that sorta thing) to build your own. Personally i've done it, and i'd rather just have one made for me at this point.

#11 ·

>8^)
ER
your full of sumthin all right, ya fairy!

It looks good with the couplers on there! you must get the piping chromed out soley for Bling factor.

#12 ·
Lookin good...
...I too am all for the make it yourself mods...I have bought exactly one mod designed specifically for a vehicle, and it was a waste of $84...My home-brew stuff always works better...(And costs less)
...Im also in the process of designing an intake...I should only be looking at around $40, since I already have the filter that I put on my car back in May...

...What site did you get the couplers at?? ...Im looking for someplace with a decent price, and am not having a whole lot of luck...Thanks, and keep up the good work!!

#13 ·
#14 ·
Nice...Thanks man!!
...How long did it take to get to ya??

...By the way, are you gonna connect the breather tube to your intake again, or are you going to use a separate breather filter??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.