Ford Focus Forum banner

My SVT Burnout!

525 views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Shmoges 
#1 ·
#3 ·
My SVT gets wheel hop..........

smooth, rough, concrete, wet or dry......... I get wheel hop

New springs, struts, tires, swaybars and bushings

anything that I should look for, maybe something else is broken on my car??

any help......

Nice tire roast

#4 ·
Mine will make a little squeak sometimes (if I really gun it)... is that a tire slipping?

#5 ·
Mine will make a little squeak sometimes (if I really gun it)... is that a tire slipping?
I know what you mean. It happens sometimes when you let it out at a light at higher revs but not the 6-7000rpm like in the video, more like 4-5500rpm. I don't think its the tire (have spun them and not the same) but somthing else like the clutch maybe

#8 ·
Thats not the rev limiter, my friend is pulsing the throttle and kept it around 6k. The shift light I have installed that comes on at 7k never came on.

#9 ·
Hey Bill - Do you have the VF-Engr motor mount or otherwise stiffer bushing? I know that dramatically decrease my wheel hop while trying to quickly accelerate, especially on wet pavement.
Yes bought it a long time ago, it still hops. Yes that was a good upgrade, it took that sponge feel out of the shifter

#10 ·
I only get wheel hop when the wheel is turned either way and I give it a bit to much gas at a stop but thats bad for cv joints so I try not to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.