cat showing 02 sensors bungs

all in order

all in order 2

all asembled cat and flex

all asembeld top

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I know someone is probably going to kill me for asking a redundant question....but is that flex pipe going to bolt up to the ZX3 exhaust?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by aha:
How much did the whole thing cost ?

=dRe=
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">615.65 employe cost +tax. including all shields gaskets and whatnot.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by PhocusZX3:
I know someone is probably going to kill me for asking a redundant question....but is that flex pipe going to bolt up to the ZX3 exhaust?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yes some one will kill you. no it does not fit

svt flex on bottom zetec muffler on top

one stud is in one hole and the pic shows that the other stud does not mate to the other hole

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
That would only take a few minutes to fix.

Also, for a good laugh, do a search on SVT to ZX3 parts swap. Many opinions that the SVT header wouldn't bolt up to the "regular" Zetec or the SVT engine couldn't be swapped into the "plain old" ZX3.

[ 02-27-2003, 03:00 AM: Message edited by: Phillip ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
does the catalyst continue all the way thru the converter body there? interesting design...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by demonfire:
does the catalyst continue all the way thru the converter body there? interesting design...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">no it does not. ther are 2 sections of catalyst. they are 90degress to each other.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Is the exhaust that you are trying to mate the SVT parts to a stock ZX3 exhaust? Will the SVT flange fit any aftermarket exhausts? Do you need to order any additional bracketry, or will it use the existing brackets?

[ 02-27-2003, 10:47 AM: Message edited by: fast_focus_1 ]

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is the exhaust that you are trying to mate the SVT parts to a stock ZX3 exhaust?
yes i ordered a zetec cat back insted of svt and then found that the svt cat back yould cost me $440

Will the SVT flange fit any aftermarket exhausts?
for svt cat back, definatly. for zx3 cat back, UltegraSTI say it should. they should have oblong hole so that you can mate them. if what i get does not then i will go to an exhaust shop and have them fab a piece that will.

Do you need to order any additional bracketry, or will it use the existing brackets? for the back of the cat there is a bracket that i ordered (2S4Z*5A204*AB LIST $10.34) you can see it in the last 4 pics.

i also ordered all the shields that are on a stock svt

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
if ur catback doesnt have ovalized or oblong holes...then either have a shop, or u can diy and make them so...not a hard deal 2 do so.

-Ult

·
Registered
372 Posts
I was getting ready to do this same thing with my car before i got rid of it in October '02. I sold the parts to a Jetter from Boston but i never saw him post anything about getting it done. Oh well maybe he resold them.
That header is damn sexy for a stock piece though.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i just hade a piece made today at the exaust shop to match up the svt flex pipe to the stock cat back. only $9 and that includes gasket. like Ult said "not a big deal"

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how did you go about getting this done? did you bring in the car or did you bring in the flex and tell them the size of you stock exhaust?

[ 02-28-2003, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: zx3 focus racer ]

·
Registered
112 Posts
i just brought the flex pipe down and told them i wanted that size flange with 2inch pipe.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by belnaper:
i just brought the flex pipe down and told them i wanted that size flange with 2inch pipe.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sooo, what's the word? Got it on your car now? I really want to hear this bad-boy.

·
Registered
112 Posts
ya i put the sysytem on my car today. svt header-cat-flex. But i dont have enough cash for a good cat back yet. just so every body knows it is not the eisest task . it takes allot of fabrication and time. does not sound all that much differint than stock with the ztec cat back. It does help out on power for sure but not as much as i had hoped.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts