Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've made more progress in the last 2 weeks than I have made in 4 months.

I just came from the garage where I finished the last bit of welding on the manifold.

The wastegate flange was my task for the evening, and it was a pita to weld in place. Try welding thickwall to thinwall steel with only an arc welder that has only 2 settings. I burned through it a few times and eventually I just made a collar for it and welded that over the burned through sections. Then I reinforced the flange in 2 spots so it would stay put.

I'm just glad the welding is finnished.

My wleds look like crap but everything is welded on both sides or reinforced, so It's tough, but looks like hell.

That is why I'm painting it and wrapping it with header wrap.

Everything else looks good though.

There is a small delay with tuning which is the only thing i'm worried about. But It shouldn't be a problem. Sct just fixed the software problem on their end.

I'll try update with pictures as soon as i get the manifold done in the next day or two.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts

If you did the welding, are you Finnish?

BwAAAhahahahahahaha.....

Good news, Sir.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

If you did the welding, are you Finnish?

BwAAAhahahahahahaha.....

Good news, Sir.
It's 11:30 pm here i'm tired and my vision is blured because i couldn't flip my mask down quick enough a few times and I gave my retinas 1st degree burns from the flash.

So i'm sorry about the extra n in finished.

Anyone want to buy a duratec turbo manifold?

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
It's 11:30 pm here i'm tired and my vision is blured because i couldn't flip my mask down quick enough a few times and I gave my retinas 1st degree burns from the flash.

My apologies.

Now get some rest and coRntinue this project!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

My apologies.

Now get some rest and coRntinue this project!
No need to apologize. I completely understood your joke and I even laughed at it.

I was just letting you know of my current status as I typed the intro to this thread.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts