Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...hopefully I'll be throwing it on within the next week or so. (I have no real idea how to go about installing it so a friend of mine will be helping me out for a small price).

That brings the tally to:

-Magnaflow exhaust (soon to change over to either Thermal or MBRP...undecided yet)

-Steeda High Flow Intake

-Esslinger Underdrive Pulley

Next up: Throtle Body.

I'll keep you all posted...once I am satisfied enough I'll start posting pics of my crimson ride.

By the way if anyone has any suggestions let me know...after Throttle Body I was thinking about headers...but my concern is whether I should risk going with the 4-2-1 (street illegal) or just go with a shorty...I know there are ways to get around emmisions...but is it worth it? My heart says yet but my mind says no! Ugh!

Anyways...I'll update once the pulley goes in.

-AM

·
Registered
255 Posts
well if u go street header, u'll do fine for a while, but you're gonna burn out your stock cat after a couple thousand miles. it happened to me with my 00 focus and it had a JBA shorty. that thing burned out my cat 4500 miles later. i would suggest an off-road pipe or a random tech high flow cat to couple that street header if you decide to get one. good luck

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
gj man, how bout port ur stock TB and pocket the money saved on a TB and go in another direction 4 a mod. perhaps more exh stuff as jimel has mentioned. or cam sprockets perhaps. a flexpipe would b a great score 4 the money. i say this b/c 250 bux 4 a throttle response which many have had naggin problems with (hence much of the stink goin on w/FC). with your mods especially, it'd only b curing the anemic throttle response of the focus that ur gettin 4 ur money. port ur TB and c the difference right there 4 about 5 bux (epoxy cost) and an hr or 2 of ur time.

case and point i've run the same 1/4mi times w/a ported and FC TB. oh btw, many peoples TBs r havin idle issues, sticking probs, and many of them dont open all the way either due 2 machining errors (in fact i prompt all 2 look at them if they have them, have a bud hold the gas all the way down w/the pedal only, and c if it opens full perpendicular, many will surprised 2 learn that they dont=
)

so exh work (shorty, replace cat, flex), cam sprockets, cams would b the direction u should look into.

good luck,

-Ult

[ 01-11-2003, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts