Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have started my v8 powered focus project, and for those interested I have some pictures. I have completed the engine/ trans installation, and will soon start the fuel system and rear axle installation. here are some pictures of the progress.
Dan

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
Re: My V8 focus project

Its a thing of beauty. e-tear

What engine is that?

·
Registered
715 Posts

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the good work bro, I like what I'm seeing

·
9 and 3 Damnit! 9 AND 3!!!!!!!
9,347 Posts

Nice work. its gonna be awesome. what wheels tires, brakes, and suspension are you gonna use

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

thanks guys- its a 1993 mustang cobra 5.0 liter with a t-5 trans and a 8.8 rear with 4 link and coil overs, motorsport posi unit and 4:10s. I rebuilt all of the drivetrain components, and the fuel injection system is kinda cool, its a edelbrock victor jr carburetor intake which has been converted to EFI. I couldnt use the factory type intake because of clearance issues with the cowl. For wheels, Im trying to keep the stealth sleeper look, and I am using 17" focus SVT rims, with as wide of a tire that i can fit in the rear. The hood will close with no mods, so aside from the fat rear tires, and the dual exhaust it will have you wont be able to tell its got rear wheel drive and a v-8, until you hear it run of course, im having a lot of fun with the project and i will post updates as they happen.
Thanks, Dan

·
Registered
1,372 Posts

Your speedo only goes to 120. I'd need at least 200mph with that thing under the hood.

Lookin' great man. I'm looking forward to seeing the end product.

·
Camera 1, Camera 2..Camera 1, Camera 2
7,494 Posts

Your speedo only goes to 120. I'd need at least 200mph with that thing under the hood.
That and your volume knob will need to go to at least 11 - it needs to be one louder.

Thanks for living my focus dream, and keep us posted!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

believe me, im very thankful that i have the opportunity to take this project on. I have been planning it for a long time and its been a lot of hard work but its gonna pay off in the end. Im trying to take the time to do everything right and not rush it so that it looks in the end like a well done project. I have been working for Ford for the last 18 years as a tech so i have an extensive ford background and I have always loved fords, and cars have been my life ever since i can remember.

·
Registered
292 Posts

bloody freakin sweet, i wanna do the conversion to mine so bad, but the money just isn't there right now... hopefully if my new job comes thru for me, hopefully. keep those updates comin!

·
Registered
892 Posts

question.... are you using an older rear axle when the mustangs were 4-lug? Same bolt pattern as our cars I suppose, I remember seeing someone put the old 'turbine' wheels on a focus for moving it...

awesome by the way... If I had the no-how and the shop I'd be doing this as well!

·
Registered
369 Posts

Good luck with keeping it a sleeper. I'd do the same thing if I were doing that swap, but I think you may have trouble keeping it from snoring really loudly at redlights.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts

That and your volume knob will need to go to at least 11 - it needs to be one louder.
What's wrong with 10 being the loudest?

You must be a Spinal Tap fan?

1 - 20 of 109 Posts