Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched high and low and I apologize if I missed it. I was wondering if on a 2013 Titanium with MyFord Touch without navigation, can I swap out the MyFord Touch unit with a junkyard piece that has navigation? Has anyone tried this? If so what part numbers would I be looking for?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yes, its possible. Is it worth it? No.

You will need the screen and trim piece as well as the harnesses and any other peripheral that is required. Then, after its all installed, you would need to find a dealer to modify the AS-built data. This is the same process that the new(er) Mustang guys are going through.

You would be better off getting one of the new 8" source units that are slowly making their way to the market and, installing one of those.

·
Registered
273 Posts
You'd also have to grab the SD card from the console. I'm not sure on the rest of the process going from MFT non-nav to MFT with nav. I assumed it was all built into the unit, but maybe not if what is said above is true.
A friend at work is doing the same thing to his 2013 Mustang only, going from the Sync only system to the MFT and dual zone climate system. He has almost all the parts and is just waiting on 2 more factory harnesses to tie it all together. Sadly, the route he is going requires gutting the car to replace the entire body harness as, the two systems are vastly different in his case.

I'm not entirely sure the differences between the non-Nav and the Nav systems. It may be just as easy as changing the AS-built data in the system. But, its always best to prepare for the worst case scenario.

Check this link out and see, if you can change the AS-built data to a Nav system in your car.
http://www.xtlt.ru/ford/

Now, the trick would be finding a shop or dealer that would be willing to change this configuration file. Ford is highly against changing it but again, the Mustang guys have done it successfully. To the point of having almost everything they want working short of the track apps from the Boss 302.

Personally, Id go with the new plug and play options that are coming out like, this Alpine unit.
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-XQII38A4WzT/p_500INEZ928/Alpine-INE-Z928HD.html

I like the MFT but, if I'm going through that effort Id like to get gains besides the Nav.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't know if you are looking for stuff for this or not but I saw a post on another forum where they guy had a SEL and it already had the harness. He just had to get the unit and card and swap it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts