Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...in light of all of the turbo madness going on around here...and since I bought this car to be different...looks like I am gonna do NA and Nitrous to my lil spi.

There is a shop here in Houston that is gonna help me with this as soon as I get my grubby lil hands on a spare SPI. I am gonna have them do the port and polish and make a custom equal length runner race header. Also...the bottom end will be built with all the cool parts that Gig has..hehe!!

Anyways...I am about to start piecing together a nitrous system for the car. More then likely direct port...but we will see.

And as always...updates will be here and here only!!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Your already over budget.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
"Luke, use the direct port injection."

good luck man, I cant use more than a 35 shot on account of the C/R. stock internals might not make it.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
150 shot!

Nioce!!
Sweet! Now we need another spi moderator and have him get a SC so we can have all the bases covered!

·
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
150 shot!

Nioce!!
Sweet! Now we need another spi moderator and have him get a SC so we can have all the bases covered!
haha

·
Registered
186 Posts
i run a 55 shot in my spi zex kit i ran about 3 sec quicker

·
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i run a 55 shot in my spi zex kit i ran about 3 sec quicker
My personal views of nitrous are quite negative...but I do believe that if you are gonna do a nitrous set up...Go Direct Port..or go home.

One nozzle spraying fuel/nitrous past the tb into the intake manifold and being dispersed equally scares the [censored] out of me.

With direct port..the same amount of fuel/nitrous hits every cylinder in equal parts.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
well direct port is the way to go. Its a perfectly tuned and tunable system. but Im reasonably happy with my wet kit. I dont hardly use it cause I'm afraid of snapping a rod now, but I do enjoy the kit. I'd love to be able to compare the same shot from a DI. maybe one day when I finally find a good reason to sue a large corporation.

·
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
have you seen that ZEX cone filter with a nozzle right in it`s center ?
But that is SOOOOOO FAR upstream from where all the good stuff happens with nitrous. How do you know that you are gonna get equal dispersement in every cylinder?? That is what I am deathly afraid of. At least with direct port...it all goes in the same in every cylinder. And if I screw it up...then its completely my fault.

Gabe

·
Registered
186 Posts
with my zex kit the nozle is mounted before the tb and i run much quicker now that i took out some weight and shifted different. i can beat my friends 2000 gt mustang and anothers turbo talon. so i like the zex kit cause it stops if its get to lean and i belive the proper mixture is getting to each cylinder cause its mounted before the tb.

·
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see what you are saying but its not guaranteed...and you are nt running that big of a shot. I plan on starting with 75hp and then bumping it to 100hp shot on my car. So I need all the advantages I can get. WOT switch and direct port....I will probably go with a nitrous controller too.

Single Nozzle systems just scare me.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
with my zex kit the nozle is mounted before the tb and i run much quicker now that i took out some weight and shifted different. i can beat my friends 2000 gt mustang and anothers turbo talon. so i like the zex kit cause it stops if its get to lean and i belive the proper mixture is getting to each cylinder cause its mounted before the tb.
3 senarios. you are running a 250 shot, your friends have one leg and drive a manual, or you are dreaming. You claim your best run to be 15.6. My best friend is a DSM turbo club guy. From his meet, I learned a stock Talon TSI runs low - mid 14's. I've never seen a GT run but I would imagine with a 4.6L V-8 it isnt far off. There is no way you are beating an AWD TSI with a 15.6. not happening.... period.

EDIT: edited for drinking language

·
Registered
964 Posts
I see what you are saying but its not guaranteed...and you are nt running that big of a shot. I plan on starting with 75hp and then bumping it to 100hp shot on my car. So I need all the advantages I can get. WOT switch and direct port....I will probably go with a nitrous controller too.

Single Nozzle systems just scare me.
100 shot with an automatic tranny would scare me more!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
3 senarios. you are running a 250 shot, your friends have one leg and drive a manual, or you are dreaming. You claim your best run to be 15.6. My best friend is a DSM turbo club guy. From his meet, I learned a stock Talon TSI runs low - mid 14's. I've never seen a GT run but I would imagine with a 4.6L V-8 it isnt far off. There is no way you are beating an AWD TSI with a 15.6. not happening.... period.

IN THIS CORNER REIGNING FROM, AND IN TEXAS, TXFO! STRONG IN HIS COMMONLY HELD BELIEF THAT A V8 4.6L MUSTANG WILL HANDS DOWN BEAT THE ALL-POWERFUL 4 CYLINDER 2.0L SOHC SPI FORD FOCUS, EVEN WITH GOD GIVEN NITROUS!

AND IN THIS CORNER, WE HAVE THE CHALLENGER: 00SILVERLX FROM LAS VEGAS NEVADA! MR. LX IS HERE TO SHOW MR. FO THAT THE OLD SCHOOL WAY OF THINKING IS NO MORE! HE SCOFFS AT THE IDEA OF THE 286 CID/260 HORSEPOWER CAR NAMED AFTER EQUINE BEING ABLE TO OUTRUN THE LAUGHING-GAS POWERED SPEEDSTER KNOWN COMMONLY AS THE FOCUS! SCHOOL OF THOUGHT: 55 SHOT OF NITROUS OWN3Z Jo0!!!11

LADIES, GENTLEMAN; LET'S GET IT ON!

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts

IN THIS CORNER REIGNING FROM, AND IN TEXAS, TXFO! STRONG IN HIS COMMONLY HELD BELIEF THAT A V8 4.6L MUSTANG WILL HANDS DOWN BEAT THE ALL-POWERFUL 4 CYLINDER 2.0L SOHC SPI FORD FOCUS, EVEN WITH GOD GIVEN NITROUS!

AND IN THIS CORNER, WE HAVE THE CHALLENGER: 00SILVERLX FROM LAS VEGAS NEVADA! MR. LX IS HERE TO SHOW MR. FO THAT THE OLD SCHOOL WAY OF THINKING IS NO MORE! HE SCOFFS AT THE IDEA OF THE 286 CID/260 HORSEPOWER CAR NAMED AFTER EQUINE BEING ABLE TO OUTRUN THE LAUGHING-GAS POWERED SPEEDSTER KNOWN COMMONLY AS THE FOCUS! SCHOOL OF THOUGHT: 55 SHOT OF NITROUS OWN3Z Jo0!!!11

LADIES, GENTLEMAN; LET'S GET IT ON!

psycho.
for the record, I do not believe the 4.6 to be indestructible. I have just seen a TSI run the quarter and its faster than 15.6, his quoted best time. I'm sure you can beat both those cars with nitrous. but its gonna be a bigger shot than 55. hell, I have 11:1 and a 35 shot and I still have run like hell to keep up at the local DSM G2G's. My buddy's super modified Turbo eclipse gets me into trouble. makes me go with him to the meets and then tells everybody how "fast" my car is. next thing I know, I'm head to head with a GSX on a 100 shot.
or like the last time when I faced off with a twin turbo supra. The only time I ever get a fair chance is when the guy with the bone stock GST goes heads up. SPI power all the way........... just need MORE SPI power.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
Also wanted to add that I am not trying to fight with anybody. I'm here to help out and talk shop. I was drinking when I posted and I later changed it so it wasn't as mean. I aint gonna take it back, but certainly have no problem with 00silverlx.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts