Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 6562 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Re: naughty VW pics

^ just wait a few days. The white gti is about to do something that may just break all previous speculations about what "can fit"..

jake

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts

Heard hes doing a massive rear wheel...like a 11"?
And that R32 is hot stuff....another pic to appreciate the stance...

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

That just looks all wrong.
It's like the rims don't fit. It looks like a ghetto adaptation that's waiting to fail.
I like the car, Hate the rims and tires.
:)

·
[FJ] Fail Brigade
4,986 Posts

mikes r32 is hot so was his gti before it got stripped at the dealer.

jakes GTI is dumb his flared fenders are horrible and trying to fit those stupid glitter purple 11" RS' is a bad idea.

·
Real Patriots use nukes!
542 Posts

That's not a Fox? Looks like a Fox to me. Either way, except for the wheels, it is ****ing sweet.

"Rat Dubs" don't have the nostalgia like an old Deuce or T-Bucket. You have to TRY to have a rusty '96 Golf... but... to each their own.

·
What have I... What have I... What have I done to
14,709 Posts

Kyle or focuz04, can you guys shoot me a link to the site where you're finding pictures of these awesome Dubs? I need in on this pr0n :lol:

-Brian

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

MichaelXi said:
That just looks all wrong.
It's like the rims don't fit. It looks like a ghetto adaptation that's waiting to fail.
I like the car, Hate the rims and tires.
That's nice to know that you're going to say the same exact thing for every single thread that has pictures or discussion of "the stretch".

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

Random Select said:
That's nice to know that you're going to say the same exact thing for every single thread that has pictures or discussion of "the stretch".
And others won't say the exact same thing on the other side of the fence?
This thread was posted to show the Scirocco.
Then we go on a tangent, so I commented.
I can enjoy the sidewall and the rim being flush.
Anything further makes no sense at all.
What if we were posting pix of skate-boarded Saturns?
Sure, SOMEBODY likes them, but that doesn't make them smart or cool.
EDIT: BTW, I've intentionally avoided quite a few threads that were specifically dedicated to "stretch".

·
14,709 Posts

Well, others that constantly hate on the look usually just post once then disregard the thread or else they sound like a broken record :dunno:

-Brian

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

2focusd said:
Well, others that constantly hate on the look usually just post once then disregard the thread or else they sound like a broken record :dunno:

-Brian
I'm hoping for more pix of COOL VW's.
No faux rust, no wheels that don't fit.
Just Nice, Well-Done, Rockin' Cars.
I confess, I've said more than once that just because millions of people buy Britney Spears' music doesn't make her "talented", and the same could be said here.
If I saw someone in their pre-teens trying to decide what music to pick out, I would TRY to influence them toward "Quality". Same can be said here.

·
Registered
626 Posts

2focusd said:
And I'd LOVE to have the extra money to do up my ZX3 in the traditional VW sense of styling (slammed to the ground, staggered mesh wheels with stretch, rust accents, unique interior touches, and boosted with plenty of power) and totally plan on it once I have more money to set aside for modding :)

Hell, if I had a dollar for everytime someone's looked at my plaid headliner and made negative or confused comments, I'd have my F2 spoiler ordered already :lol: I'm sure Kyle gets it even worse with his hood simply because it's easier to notice :arr:

-Brian
I like the way you think! minus teh rust part lol. That last black jetta pic, thats gonna be my inspiration. slammed, staggered wheels, fat lip lol. The more i see pics like that the more i want to.

·
Registered
823 Posts

golfmkv.com rarely has some good pics, I would say wheel-whores is the place to go.

The fitment of the wheels on the r32 looks like that because those are his old wheels. THe new ones look even more ridiculous. that car is just sick

The gti, though some of its mods (ie baseball bat pulled rears) aren't legit, the car itself is perfect. I can't wait to see what kind of camber he needs to tuck those 11's.. love it or hate it, they have alot of money in just the suspension.
jake

·
MS Paint PWNS ME!
9,807 Posts

enough discussion, back to the naughty VW pics :lol:

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

focuz04 said:
golfmkv.com rarely has some good pics, I would say wheel-whores is the place to go.

The fitment of the wheels on the r32 looks like that because those are his old wheels. THe new ones look even more ridiculous. that car is just sick

The gti, though some of its mods (ie baseball bat pulled rears) aren't legit, the car itself is perfect. I can't wait to see what kind of camber he needs to tuck those 11's.. love it or hate it, they have alot of money in just the suspension.
jake
So, "Amount of Money Spent" is something that legitimizes being ridiculous?
I LOVE the "Euro Look", except for the Silliness that impedes Performance.
Sort of a Euro Version of "Rice", except it's Not yet "Uncool" since it's from Europe and hasn't caught on all over the US yet. Not to mention that you have to spend THOUSANDS to look Silly instead of a few hundred bucks.
;)

·
14,709 Posts

Seriously dude? You just can't let it go?

-Brian

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

2focusd said:
Seriously dude? You just can't let it go?

-Brian
No, I'm Done.
Those Looking for "The New Rice" will do what they want to do (At much greater cost $$$$), and those on the edge can see what I have to say from what I've already said, so, I'm Finished.
I WOULD like more pix of nice VW's WITHOUT that crap though.
BTW, I know Many VW fans and "Euro" fans who would agree. ;)

·
Registered
823 Posts

MichaelXi said:
No, I'm Done.
Those Looking for "The New Rice" will do what they want to do (At much greater cost $$$$), and those on the edge can see what I have to say from what I've already said, so, I'm Finished.
I WOULD like more pix of nice VW's WITHOUT that crap though.
BTW, I know Many VW fans and "Euro" fans who would agree. ;)
Have you taken a look at the "euro" scene lately? Those who don't think of their car as a race car do all the things you apparently hate. Rusting, slamming, streching, etc.. Perhaps you are the one with the taboo opinion. No, nevermind, this is the same argument on every board, with the exception that this is the only place I've heard it called "rice".

You are on an enthusiasts forum here. I know you have been here for a long time. So you have to be able to see that there are those that like to race around parking lots running over cones, and then there are the ones that like to park their cars and admire the hardwork that has been done on someone elses car or perhaps even be proud to have their car looked at. Thank god I don't mod my car so that everybody else likes it, if they do that's great, if they don't oh well. I know I mod my car so I catch myself standing in a parking lot staring at it.

If you notice the title of the thread is "naughty vw's", not safe, not race track ready, not "I just installed some race springs and now my tires rub, how do I fix that"... So, if you would like to see some dubs that you consider PC then start your own thread.
jake

·
Registered
823 Posts

·
Registered
10,752 Posts

focuz04 said:
Have you taken a look at the "euro" scene lately? Those who don't think of their car as a race car do all the things you apparently hate. Rusting, slamming, streching, etc.. Perhaps you are the one with the taboo opinion. No, nevermind, this is the same argument on every board, with the exception that this is the only place I've heard it called "rice".

You are on an enthusiasts forum here. I know you have been here for a long time. So you have to be able to see that there are those that like to race around parking lots running over cones, and then there are the ones that like to park their cars and admire the hardwork that has been done on someone elses car or perhaps even be proud to have their car looked at. Thank god I don't mod my car so that everybody else likes it, if they do that's great, if they don't oh well. I know I mod my car so I catch myself standing in a parking lot staring at it.

If you notice the title of the thread is "naughty vw's", not safe, not race track ready, not "I just installed some race springs and now my tires rub, how do I fix that"... So, if you would like to see some dubs that you consider PC then start your own thread.
jake
jake
Bravo..... :thumbup:

41 - 60 of 6562 Posts