Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I crashed my car tonight.
No one to blame but myself, lets not discuss how it happen but the result is my car sliding and hit the curb. no physical damage is done to the car (I.e bumper not a starch etc) but my tire is flatten, and my axle is twisted by about 2-3 degrees I'd say.
managed to drove my car back home, dunno when I'll get it fixed, kinda lacking money these few days. heehee, month's end...

so how much will it cost me to repair this kinda axel damage?

Sorry about my bad english, i am still in an aftershock and dunno what to say, handshaking. first accident after 2.5 years of driving.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
depends what all happened. if the "axle" is bent, you probablly bent the control arm and tie rod too. maybe boots also. probablly need a whole new suspension on that side. if its drivers side, maybe new transaxle. A friend with similar damage was quoted 2500. thats a rough estimate, but with OEM parts and labor likely not too far off. depending on the extent of damage of course.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after the change of tyres, i can tell that the left front wheel is not turning as much as the right one, and that they alianment of hte left front is off, the suspension looks okay thou.. well, at least the wheel is turning.

in simple way to say it.
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>
\ |
left wheel Right wheel</pre><hr />
(well, not THAT much. but u get the idea)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts