Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changing engines pretty soon and i wanna know if theres anything i should do or check before i proceed. I blew my other engine and replacing it with new one, and one of the things i wanna know is if i need any extra parts if its going on an aoutomatic?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a manual, but bought a Zetec w/ auto tranny when I blew mine up. They didn't require anything extra from me in my swap. In fact, they gave me a lot of stuff back. I think you should be cool as long as you have the auto tranny in your car now. I'm saying this assuming that you blew the bottom end.

Also, just remember the basics. Spark plugs, oil, filter, ATF, anti-freeze. You'll need all that and maybe more.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Forgive me if this has already has been covered, but what were the circumstances causing the loss of the first engine?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
the only thing that i would reccomend is that you make sure you get the same year engine as in your car. just did a engine swap in a car last week the kid bought a 2000 engine for his 98 car and some real small stupid things were different you may not have the same problem with a focus but it's better then finding out you can't hook up to half of you sensors. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts