Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to know what you guys think about my next mod. Should i do a new throttle body? or crane stage two cams? are the cams reliable? price isnt a real big issue so what ever advice you can give me. i already have aem short ram, screamon demon, jba short header, and catback exhaust.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My opinion is the TB is a waste, oh yhea the response is great but the negatives suck. Dealing with sticky throtles, hanging idle, Jumpy issuse in traffic. I would just port your stocker, maybe get the Cams. The Focus really needs a set of cams, but the stage two may nto be for you, I have the ford racing stage 1's and my car is a daily driver and i am told they are perfert! I have the Jba shorty, FC Cat, Bosal Flex, Bosal Cat back, FC 65mm TB, Super chip, Ford racing stage 1's, FC udp's, Center force clutch, Volant intake w/SVt snorkle, Shoty shifter, 1.8 progress drop, eibach dampners, Findanza cam gears and i also blocked off the EGR and going to have the chip custom tuned very soon as well as a new DYno tune and Cam gear set, I am very happy with the performance although it took alot to get it to this medium level of performance! Things not happy with is the loud exhaust and ****ty throtle body set-up.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Cams are a good mod, but before you do those i'd say throw on a race header and cam gears. Then go for stage 2 or 3 cranes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts