Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiyas,

I'm trying to get as much advice on this as possible so please any suggestions, feel free to say them to me

I've taken off my airbox resonator and got a K&N flexi tube and attached it to the hole left by the resonator on the airbox and attached the other end to the front of the car, as seen in these pics:

There was no room to go under the engine so I went above the battery. My question is, do I have to worry about anything happening to the battery? Any things that could go wrong with this setup? I'm only new to this whole engine modding so I dont have a clue what to expect!! lol

any advice welcome

·
Registered
66 Posts
i dont see anyhting going wrong with the battery

but why would you route that hose when you have a factory snorkel doing the same thing

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ive done the same thing with good results. The only difference is that I ran the tube in front of the battery and attached it to the drivers side of the stock snorkle intake.

·
Registered
24 Posts
run the hose right behind the driver side head light there is a hole where it can get to fresh air ... and look a lot nicer

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there was no room m8 to do that ! The only gap i could find was blocked by a thick electric wire

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by mentally disturbed:
but why would you route that hose when you have a factory snorkel doing the same thing
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">the problem was that I was losing performance as the hole left by the removel of the resonator was sucking in hot air from the engine and slowing the car.
Even though the job I did today isn't the neatest, I think its done the trick cause now I have 2 cold air intakes into the airbox, I've noticed some considerable difference in acceleration

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
is that why you have red coolant?!

behind the headlight is prolly your best option... you can move the wiring a bit to get the hose in there.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by demonfire:
is that why you have red coolant?!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">must be, cause I havent touched it since I got the car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts