Ford Focus Forum banner

Need cam help....:confused:

398 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rallyfocus 
#1 ·
Thanks for any help you guys can give me. I've done alot of reading but I'm still unsure what cams to get????

I'm leaning toward Crower Stage 1's or 2's.
Right now my car has only basic engine mods...(Volant inake and Magnaflow Catback) I want my car to have about 150 WHp. keep in mind that it is a daily driver and all i want to do is teach a few hondas a lesson. ( When I say 150 Hp. I mean with more bolt ons)

I'm going to pair the cams up with some gears but I'm really stuck on what cams to get. I've heard that the Stage 2's have more top end but are a little weak down low. What would give my car the best power for every day??? Also what about the Esslinger cam and Ford cams. I could probably get the ford cams the cheapest but I'll pay for the Crowers if they are worth it.

I want something that will just drop right in...No ginding required.

-thanks

#2 ·
From what I hear the Crower stage 2's should be fine. You may wanna open up your exhaust though. Look into a header and a flex pipe. Those with the cams will do just fine.

[ 01-12-2003, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: zx3ford ]

#8 ·
I have Crower IIs in my car and really like them. I put them in along with an FC TB and the car was simply amazing. However, I've heard that one of the Crower IIs (intake, I think) with one of the OE Ford cams (exhaust, I think) produces the best combination of HP and TQ. I just saw a dyno sheet here a while ago. Do a search and you might be able to find it.

#9 ·
Well the combo. was a Crower Stage 2 intake and the Factory exhaust cam, he got like 10 hp over the crower exhaust w/ that set up....anyways, I have the Crower stage II's, I love em, great top end....they are a lil weaker down low, but when they kick in, woah baby, watch out!!! THey're good fun, and totally worth it.

-Jason

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.