Registered
2,368 Posts
Re: need help about a turbo

Try asking in the forced induction forum

·
Registered
2,847 Posts

I think this well eventually be moved to the Forced Induction forum but anyways..

Are you sure you put in the turbo right? What kind of other mods do you have on your focus? Is your car a manual or an automatic? Are you sure that's all the mods the Courgar had?
In other words there is too many unanswered questions here...I guess, for me, I have to be there to really judge why your friend lost...here are the facts...

Cougar HP = 170 horses (stock)
Focus HP = 130 horses (stock)

Cougar Torque = 165 (stock)
Focus Torque = 135 (stock)

If you look at this, the stock numbers for a Cougar are much better then that of a Focus. I know that with a catback and an intake the Cougar couldn't gain the 195 horses needed to match your friend's Focus' numbers...but yet again did you or your friend go dyno test your Focus?
Again too many questions needed to be answered..
Maybe you need to ask the 1320 guys..

·
Registered
3,821 Posts

well first off this belongs in FI. secondly you need to do a better job of making it look like you weren't street racing. if you really were at a track what times did your friend put down? this will give a much better idea of whether or not your friend is really making the power (or he could just be a bad driver.)

why do people use "i did this against this car" as a measure of their and their car's abilities?

Nate

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts

Im guessing its there old F-Max kit ,,What are you doing for tuning
what injectors
what mass air
what are you doing for tuning

Tom

·
Registered
25 Posts

my 2 cents. your freind might not be ajusting for turbo lag either.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

how does one "adjust" for turbo lag?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts