Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay guys i have about $2,300
to spend and i want to go with some performance and rims. so help me spend this what should i get??? i have a siver zts (automatic) with no performance mods.but i do have a few exterior mod - the hella headlamps z3 fenders going on with the r/s bumper i got from indy(thank indy). fire away guys

[ 10-13-2002, 01:41 AM: Message edited by: djecua ]

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
AEM Cold Air $300
Magnaflow exhaust $250
Chip $200
UDP $100
Focus Central TB $250

17 inch Konig or ADR rims(4) $600

Kumho 712 tires(4) $450

thats $2150 give or a take depending on any good deals you run across

·
Registered
490 Posts
I completely agree with ice

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
hell, if you've got that much money to blow, get some plug wires to dress it up.

[ 10-13-2002, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: FocusOnPunk ]

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by djecua:
okay guys i have about $2,300
to spend and i want to go with some performance and rims. so help me spend this what should i get??? i have a siver zts (automatic) with no performance mods.but i do have a few exterior mod - the hella headlamps z3 fenders going on with the r/s bumper i got from indy(thank indy). fire away guys
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It's an auto...if you want performance you've got the wrong drivetrain. Dont burn a crap load of money on something that's still going to be slow. I hate to sound so pessimistic, but its called reality. I'd be right beside naz though if you had a 5 speed and say go for the head package.

·
Registered
258 Posts
even an automatic will be more fun to drive if it has more power.

start with the basics. intake, tb, udp, exhaust, chip, and find a set of wheels you like. don't spend $1000 on something you're not completely comfortable with.

·
Registered
799 Posts
drop in a fc 65mm tb, it'll help make the auto more responsive and fun to drive! get Hids, u wont regret it!

[ 10-15-2002, 05:09 AM: Message edited by: chris_k ]

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by 3xz:
even an automatic will be more fun to drive if it has more power.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">An auto car isnt ever fun to drive, even a 10 second one (so i've heard
). Since you're car will be pretty slow no matter what you do, I hate to say it, but you should probably go with show mods. At least you'll get something out of it.

304 Posts
yeah dude this is startin to piss me off. i have an auto, and yes regretably, but still doesnt mean its gonna be ****in slow forever. just because the car changes gears when it wants to instead of by choice of the driver doesnt mean it eliminates a possiblitity of it ever bein fast. u have a way to biased view towards this and the ****-talkin stops now.
ok, so i always wanted to be billy badass.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by BumpinFocus2k1:
Yea he is always poppin **** like he knows everything.

Josh
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I talk about what I know about. If I can help others benefit from my experiance that's great. That's what a message board is about, people that know helping people that dont. I dont know everything though, and I learn some good stuff on here. I'm following that SVT header install very closely, because its great to see someone go where none have gone. I do know that auto's are good for bracket racing, and other than that I'm glad i've got a manual every day of the week. Plus i'm about a second quicker in the quarter than a similarly equipped auto, not to even talk about roll ons
. The way I see it dumping a ton of money into an auto is a waste, but its not my money. I'm just trying to put things in perspective for this guy. I'm glad i've got friends that tell me to keep my plans in perspective, otherwise I'd be dumping way more than what my car is worth into it. No thanks.

·
Registered
636 Posts
if you still think autos are slow thats horse ****! you know that you can drive a friggin auto by using 1 2 D on the console, it shifts the gears just like an manual does, plus off the line if you hold the break and press the gas, its just like dumpin the clutch but with less spin. i have had the best of both worlds, granite the only thing i think a stick can do better, is on the highway you have the "option" of down shifting to pass. but going up the hill its the same. both have there down falls. and yes granite a stick is "cooler" but some people just dont know how to drive a stick. and finally a stick you have the N any time you want, **** just hit up on the auto and you have N. but!!! nitrous works better on a stock auto. so there eqaul. but how dare you say an auto is slow. thats horse ****! sorry i was venting, some people just are ignorant!

[ 10-15-2002, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: fokuzsport ]

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Originally posted by fokuzsport:
if you still think autos are slow thats horse ****! you know that you can drive a friggin auto by using 1 2 D on the console, it shifts the gears just like an manual does, plus off the line if you hold the break and press the gas, its just like dumpin the clutch but with less spin. i have had the best of both worlds, granite the only thing i think a stick can do better, is on the highway you have the "option" of down shifting to pass. but going up the hill its the same. both have there down falls. and yes granite a stick is "cooler" but some people just dont know how to drive a stick. and finally a stick you have the N any time you want, **** just hit up on the auto and you have N. but!!! nitrous works better on a stock auto. so there eqaul. but how dare you say an auto is slow. thats horse ****! sorry i was venting, some people just are ignorant!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Automatics are slow period!
Just messing with you bro. If youre not in the 13's i consider anything above that as being slow.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts